Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Newbie Saying Hi

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading the posts on here for awhile now, so I thought it was finally time to introduce myself and start posting.  My fiance and I got engaged on 1/7/11 and we are planning our wedding for May 19, 2012 at Talamore CC.

I've gotten a lot of recommendations from this board so far and I have quite a bit planned (venue, photographer, DJ, dress, officiant, and hotel block).  I'm in the process of choosing a florist and hair/make-up serivices. The next item on my list are bridesmaids dresses. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go for bridesmaids dresses?  I am hoping to find something under $200.

Thanks for all the help in planning so far and I look forward to getting more tips and advice!

-Kelly
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie Saying Hi

• edited December 2011
    welcome to the board!! my girls got their dresses at Priscilla of Boston, and they were great! they were $160 and the girls are able to wear them again, so I thought that was a great deal! here is a pic... (they were strapless and some girls put the straps on at the reception)

• teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! Sounds like you already have alot done. Our dresses are Alfred angelo they were about 160. Good luck with the plannng, the girls here are a great help.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!!! My girls got their dresses at la Bella Moda- they were right at $200 but they had a lot to choose from to fit any budget.
    I am also getting married at Talamore (in 2 months)!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!

Congrats on your engagement!

It sounds like you have a ton done!
    What vendors did you choose?!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • kelbell819kelbell819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!!  I'll definitely check those places out.  I forgot to mention before that all my girls are shaped very differently, so I will probably need a dress that has the option of adding straps or go some place where I can pick the color/fabric/length and then allow each girl to pick the specific sytle they want.

Jen - I'm pretty excited...I've heard nothing but good things about Talamore!  The staircase and waterfall are gorgeous!! How has your experience been with them so far?  I booked the venue back in February, but I haven't had much contact with them since then (aside from a quick e-mail here and there).

Cait - As for vendors, here is what I have so far...

Ceremony/Reception: Talamore
    Dress: Bijou Bridal
    Photographer: Jenn Childress
    DJ & Lighting: Synergetic Sounds
    Officiant: Judge John Murray
    Hotel Block: Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Washington
    Rings: Steven Singer

I feel like I've gotten a lot done already, but it still feels like there is a never ending list of things to do!  For florists, I've met with Darlene from Precious Petals and Leslie from Whimsical Welcomes.  For hair, I've talked to Megan Cahill, but I am most likely going to go with a "friend of a friend" that was recommended to me.  And for make-up, I've talked to Cindy from Dylan Michaels, Jill from Face the Occassion, and Gina from the Downtown Salon in Bensalem.  So basically for these 3 vendors, I really just need to make a decision...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Kel- which coordinator are you working with? The one that I was working with left (which was a blessing in disguise) and I recently started working with a new one who has been great so far. We had a few issues with the last one (she was really unresponsive) but nothing major- all in all, a good experience! The place is gorgeous though and I am so excited to the day to come. I think its a great backdrop for pictures! I love the staircase- as soon as I saw it, I pictured the wedding party walking down for the announcements!

We are doing our ceremony there as well. Once I saw the backdrop out there with the swan lakes- we stopped looking at venues :)

I will let you know how it all works out the day of- hopefully its still a good experience!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome, Kel!!

It looks like you have a lot planned!  And from the looks of the vendors you've booked already, you're going to have a gorgeous wedding.

As far as flowers go, I have nothing but FABULOUS things to say about my florist, Celebrations Design Group.  Absolutely stunning.  And fairly reasonable for flowers.  Whimsical Welcomes gets very high praise on this board as well.

And for your makeup... Cindy & Jill both get extremely high praise.  I've never heard of the Downtown Salon, so idk about that one.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Jill from FTO did my make up and get a huge thumbs-up.  I've also heard awesome things about Cindy.  Leslie from Whimsical Welcomes did my flowers - you can see my personal flowers in my signature pic.  Best of luck with your decisions - you have some wonderful vendors going so far!!

My bridesmaid dresses were from J Crew, but I will give a big tentative thumbs-up to Priscilla of Boston, where I'm getting a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I'm in next year.  I just went to their Ardmore store to try on dresses and had a fabulous time.  I can follow up with you once the dress is ordered and arrives ;) If you go there, I wouldn't hesitate to ask for Jenna, the consultant I worked with.  Fabulous all around.  And I will definitely be wearing the dress I chose again. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen - I've been working with Mark.  So far he's been great and I haven't had any issues.  Can't wait to hear how it all turns out! I'm sure everything will be gorgeous!

Thanks again everyone for all the great suggestions and advice!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kel-

I am using Darlene from precious petals I love love love her!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    I heard great things about Mark! Unfortunately, I didn't get assigned him from the beginning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!

My girls are getting Bill Levkoff dresses and we are getting them in Delaware. Retail $175, $145 at many of the salons I have called in Delaware.

Be careful at Priscilla of Boston, my sister was in a wedding in April and they got the bridesmaids dresses there. One girl's dress was already altered when she got it and they passed it off as new and refused to make it right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cait - I absolutely love Darlene too!!  Unfortunately her estimate was a bit pricier than I was hoping.  Her quote was almost double the estimate we got from Whimsical Welcomes.  I'm sure she'd be willing to work with us to try and get the price down a bit, but I don't know whether it would be possible to bring it down that much. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have Judge John Murry's contact info? I'm now a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, Oct 12, 2012 and she wants a judge to marry her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards