Hello! I am so excited to see that there are others that have married at "the dream" obx! I have many questions! We have booked " the dream" for June 2013. I am not very familiar w the area, other than a recent trip to Avon and some friends that have been to corolla. For those of you who have already married there and for those of you in the planning stage, I am hoping to pick your brains!!
Here are my q's:
1. Did you use a wedding planner? If so, who do you recommend? How much did you pay?
2. Is it possible to have the reception dinner outside? Is the deck big enough?
3. Can anyone recommend a Dj?
4. What kind of music does "the crowd" play?
5. How many people did you guys have stay at the house? Do you recommend any nearby motels or homes for additional lodging?
6. How far in advance did you send your invitations? I Am struggling between sending out "save the dates" or actual invitations now.
7. Any suggestions on caterers? I was thinking of coastal provisions for surf and turf, but I really do not know much about them.
8. Did u get married at sunset or earlier in the day? I'm concerned about the mosquito factor!
So sorry about all of these questions! Any advice or info would be much appreciated! Thank you!