North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Looking for DJ on May 19th or 20th 2012?

Hey Ladies... the awesome DJ's of All the RIght Grooves are willing to travel from Charlotte to the Outer Banks for my wedding May 18th, but were hoping to book another wedding that same weekend in the area.  If you are looking feel free to message me or contact them... they are amazing and we could both benefit :)

Re: Looking for DJ on May 19th or 20th 2012?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them for our wedding last August and they were great.  Anyone who is still looking, should really take a look at them!
  • Options
    delilahjzdelilahjz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the encouragement.  They are willing to negotiacte and have been so nice so far.  I wanted to help them find another reception that weekend to help myself and the other bride out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am May 5th but how much do thet charge? One obx dj told me $200 an hour which i think is crazy just to play music.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

From everyting I've read $200/hour is standard. I know it sucks, but it is what it is.  Tommy Midgette is $100/hour but he reminds me of a seriously bad 80's DJ.  Sorry to him or anyone he knows who reads this...I'm a nice person I swear!  LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh one more thing...have you picked your photographer yet?  That sucks even worse.  I couldn't find anyone decent for under $2500.  We finally found one who was willing to give us a "military" discount (thats what I'm calling it after begging for a discount b/c my guy is active duty Army), but its still over $2000.

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    delilahjzdelilahjz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer I am already in love with.  She provides exactly what I want and is amazing to communicate with.  I highly recommend looking her up... Bridget McEnaney.  She is definately more affordable than that :)
    I lucked out there, but the DJ's I think are just so few that they can charge more for their services... and bring so few means most are booked!  I think the DJ is important because no one remembers the food or anything about a wedding if they dont have a good fun night and I think the right DJ can do that.  These girls definately are those kind of DJ'd they just have to travel so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards