North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Groom/Groomsmen Attire

Just started planning and my FI and I found a bridesmaid dress we like, but can't seem to find any men's attire in the same shade of blue.  Our color is Horizon from David's Bridal-not sure how to explain it-like a bright, medium blue.  We love it and don 't want to change, but we're having trouble finding anything (clothing, decor, linens) in that color since most beach stuff seems to be light blue or turquoise and for vests we keep finding light blue or navy.  Any suggestions, especially for men's rentals?

Re: Groom/Groomsmen Attire

• Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't try to match it perfectly, just come up with something that coordinates (I Googled the shade, and I think a tan suit would look nice with that blue).  Do you have your colors set?  I've seen a few weddings that use the peacock colors (blues, purples, greens) - it seems like those colors would go really well with your choice.  Just a thought though... I have 3 main colors and some accent colors, and it makes life much easier than having just one color!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Mens Warehouse for the men.  Around here they coordinate with Davids Bridal on colors so they should have something that matches horizon there.  As far as decor you'll probably just have to get creative.  Do you have another color that you could use for some stuff?  Check out  Michael's also, they may have ribbon and such that matches.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some ideas... some focus on the blue, some have more of the green, and you can also pull out the purple.  I love these colors together.

image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As PP mentioned, Mens Wearhouse is good.  I used them and my blue is very close to that.  We even rented the boys' ties to match there.  Here's a pic of the color.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I have a Q about menswear...did anyone rent the guy's outfits at OBX or did you rent somewhere else and bring it in? I know rental places like Men's Warehouse say you need to return it the next day or you'll be charged per day. And I know there's no Men's Warehouse at OBX. So what have yall done??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked up at MW a couple of days early and returned in Norfolk.  We were going to take a trip up, but it turned out the BM was flying out that day and returned everyone's stuff.
  • Options
    Carygirl14Carygirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  The peacock colors are a cool idea.  The green and purple look great.  We were thinking about blue and a bright yellow, but we'll check out some other accent colors now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards