North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

ceremony music

What are you girls doing for ceremony music? 

Re: ceremony music

• Options
    amberilcamberilc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Sue Artz from OBXviolin she was so amazing, she was basically like my wedding planner. She was so helpful from day one, very prompt to respond to emails and calls. She setup my wedding timeline, and helped me pick vendors. And she did an AMAZING job with ceremony music.
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a solo violin from Club Violin. They have been wonderful to work with. This was a splurge of mine, cause it really wasn't in our budget. But I know having this will make the whole moment so much more romantic and classy. I would recommend them for sure.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an iPod with selections that I'll have my nephew take care of, and a song or two by a friend who is an opera singer.  I'm just not going to spend more money and time worrying about 20 minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seating of Mothers: Everything - Michael Buble
    Groom and Groomsmen Enter:  #34 Dave Matthews (acoustic)
    Bridesmaids Enter:  Amber - 3-11 (acoustic if available)
    Bride’s Processional:  Wonderful Tonigt (string quartet)
    Bride and Groom’s Recessional:  Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, its still up in the air if I want to spend money on an instrumentalist.  I was thinking of an ipod maybe, but then there's the hassle that goes along with it- speakers and having someone work it.  Hmm..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want a steel band but that might be out of my budget.  Maybe a nice acoutic guitar player! You would probably already need a speaker system etc for the ceremony so an IPOD could plug into that I think
  • Options
    jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SummerStar (cute name)- Iam with you on the acoustic guitar player!  If anyone knows of a good one, please let me know!  We would like to hire them for the ceremony and potentially the whole evening.
  • Options
    HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Roy Murray Music Studios who came highly recommended by my planner.  It will be him and another person playing the trumpet (he insisted this was better than the flute or something else so that the ocean doesn't wash it out) and the other person is playing a violin. 

We are having grandparents, etc. walk into 'You Look Wonderful Tonight,' I am walking down the aisle to 'Mama's Song' by Carrie Underwood (mom is walking me down the aisle) and FI and I are leaving to 'You Are The Best Thing' by Ray LaMontagne (also our first dance song).

Roy was really great about learning these new songs for us and we didn't have any problems!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards