North Carolina-Outer Banks

Wording on Invites?

Hey Ladies,
I just got my invitations and I'm about to address them but had a question-

What's the best way to address them if you are inviting one person & their guest?
For instance, I'm inviting my friend Kristin and her BF Patrick. However, I've never met Patrick, we are inviting him as her guest. So do I address it to her only on the front, then on the inside envelope write both names? That's what I was thinking...is this the correct way to do it? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by putting the wrong thing.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Wording on Invites?

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The outside is addressed to her only.

The inside envelope should be addressed "Kristin and Guest"

This makes me think about mine....since I have pocket invitations and no inside cards, where would I put the "and guest" part?  On the mailing envelope??  Hmmmm....

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point, OBX. All these little details are too much! Yell
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah, I think if you know *for sure* that Kristin is inviting Patrick as her +1 you can use his name on the inner envelope instead of 'and Guest' with her only on the outer envelope, otherwise its exactly as OBX stated.  

I didn't use inner envelopes, so I just used word-of-mouth to let people know they could bring a guest and had a number attending line on the RSVP.   I've just started getting the response cards back this week, but it seems to be working out fine so far.
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_wording-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:d77421e8-c1df-4e42-a3f7-b2922cc4ceffPost:4ebdd7c3-a8f8-4175-99a1-57d08f9cf6f3">Re: Wording on Invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah, I think <strong>if you know *for sure* that Kristin is inviting Patrick as her +1 you can use his name on the inner envelope instead of 'and Guest'</strong> with her only on the outer envelope, otherwise its exactly as OBX stated.   I didn't use inner envelopes, so I just used word-of-mouth to let people know they could bring a guest and had a number attending line on the RSVP.   I've just started getting the response cards back this week, but it seems to be working out fine so far.
    Posted by wxkristin[/QUOTE]

Yes, if he is a significant other, he should be addressed by his proper name.  If it's the boyfriend of the month, then it's a guest.
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boyfriend of the month! I love it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards