North Carolina-Outer Banks

Flower Girls Alternatives?

Is it okay for flower girls to toss real petals on the beach, or is that somehow harmful to the animals? I'm getting married in KDH. I'm also looking at biodegradable confetti for my guests to throw. Is there any rules against it? I'd like to know before I buy! Also, does any one have any alternatives to flower petals for the flower girls? I thought about letting them scatter lavender buds...

Re: Flower Girls Alternatives?

• I suggest checking into the specific rules where you are getting married. I think each beach probably has different guidelines. Ditto for the confetti.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check into the rules for KDH.  If it is prohibitted, what about bubbles for the flower girls and/or guests? 

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • All I saw online was no glass bottles, no driving on the beach and noise ordinances. There was a phone number listed so I will call on Monday just to be extra sure. If it's not allowed, I'll probably have my flower girls wave ribbon wands. They're between the ages of 3 and 6. They'll love it lol 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_flower-girls-alternatives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:d9db21fa-57fc-458b-8d3e-64fc24a902e4Post:a62f2483-57df-4e96-bcc8-8dd7b73f9354">Re: Flower Girls Alternatives?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I saw online was no glass bottles, no driving on the beach and noise ordinances. There was a phone number listed so I will call on Monday just to be extra sure. If it's not allowed, I'll probably have my flower girls wave ribbon wands. They're between the ages of 3 and 6. They'll love it lol 
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

Yea I forgot about those.  Also check out pinwheels.  I know a few people who have done those as well.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards