North Carolina-Outer Banks

Parking at vacation homes....HELP!

I'm getting married May 2011 at an oceanfront event home in Corolla.  My guests cannot park at the house as there is only room for about 4 cars.  Are there any brides out there that have gotten married in a vacation home with no parking?  What did you do??  My guests will be staying all over the Outer Banks so I'd like a parking lot where they can meet and be picked up by a shuttle van or something.  I have a wedding account set up with The Hampton Inn .5 miles away from my event home and their parking lot would be perfect, but they won't allow non-guests to park there.  Any help would be appreciated! 

Re: Parking at vacation homes....HELP!

• HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the exact same situation and am planning on just having a shuttle run from the Hampton Inn to the event home (Hampton Inn will be about the same distance from the event home i am staying at as well).  I didn't consider the 'non guests parking,' but hopefully that will not be an issue... 
  • missdysmissdys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My suggestion is to find a public beach access parking lot and have people park there and have the shuttle pick them up from there and drive them to your location. You could also look at a nearby restaurant that is open only in the evenings and ask if people could park there during the day and promise to be out by the opening time of their establishment. 

The other option is to hire a valet service that can park the cars for you 
    Remember my name. You'll be screaming it later.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I hear the Harris Teeter is an option, but I'm not 100%
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to contact the Harris Teeter soon to find out....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards