North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Fearing Cottage

Hey knotties! We booked our beach house for our wedding week!!!!! Has anyone used or know anyone who has used the house for an event? I would like to see more pictures of around the pool and the deck space. We are having a pretty small wedding so are just going to have a dinner/reception at the house! If anyone has any inforamtion I would greatly apprecaite it!!Cool
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fearing Cottage

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yes....I believe that Jkramas rented it.  I will check and send her this way :)

Congrats on renting the house....that is always a fun moment!  I wanted to do the Fearing since we also rented 108 Budleigh, but they had opposite dates of one another for availability, so I couldn't get it.  You made a great choice though, nice house!  :)

I would also Google "Fearing Cottage" to see what other links may come up that can provide photos, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!!

We just got married on 10/8 and rented the Fearing Cottage for the whole week (Thursday to Thursday, which worked beautifully having our wedding on the Saturday in-between).
    We got married on the beach and used the amazing back yard for the recpetion...I can't even begin to describe how perfect the house was for our big day!!

I have some gorgeous photos of how we set everything up and used the entire back yard space (including the beautiful porches). My photographer put our entire CD of photos in the mail today (I've seen previews, so I'm super excited to receive them in-hand) and I am more than happy to share them with you - probably by the end of this week.

Are you on our OBX facebook page??

Thanks!!!
    ~Jaime.
  • Options
    pinkflowers4pinkflowers4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited we got the house! If you could share a few pictures that would be amazing! I didn't know there was a facebook page! Could you share the link please :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the link :https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/groups/200742959971389/

It's a private group so you have to send a request to join, and it has been such an amazing resource! It's a group of brides and two grooms that have either already had their OBX wedding (and have tons of great advice to share) and those that are in the process of planning their OBX wedding.

Defintely check it out!!

And I will be in touch very soon with our wedding pictures at Fearing!! ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again I tried the link and it didnt work :( whats the name on the group?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That link seems to work fine.  Just make sure that you don't copy and paste the semicolon.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/200742959971389/

The group is "OBX 2011-12 Knotties" - just make sure to tell the moderators your Knot screenname since we've been having issues with vendors trying to join.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jen I got it to work and sent a request to join! you girls are all so helpful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jen!!! :)
  • Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anytime! Smile
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is where we are staying for our Budleigh wedding in May :)  it is beautiful!  We looked at the inside in September on our planning visit.  It is very nice and well taken care of. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving.  However, it does have a very "woody" smell.  Everything is wood, as it should be in a cottage.  Its not a bad smell...not musty or anything.  Just woody.  Right next door to Fearing Cottage are a bunch of houses rented by Kitty Dunes Rentals (Port o'Call I, II, and III).  They aren't the greatest on the inside but they are very inexpensive options for wedding guests and overflow.  Like 700-900 for the week.  Amazing pricing for being on the ocean side of the beach road though.

We also rented the village realty house behind it - Fireflies - for our wedding party overflow.  That house is gorgeous!  New and the room are just huge!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keb thank you so much for the info I will make a list of the houses, it will be nice if we can get mostly everyone clse together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!!

I wanted to share the link from our wedding website, since you both are using the Fearing Cottage:
    http://chris-jaime.ourwedding.com/I created a page with links to all of the realty companies that have houses near FC, as well as condos and a few hotels. Everyone from our wedding was able to stay within 2 miles or so from the wedding, which was great! I also linked the two public beach access locations that are located on either side of FC for wedding guests. So helpful that there is plentiful parking within walking distance.

In repsonse to the smell, it's actually a great cedar smell! The funny thing is we could really smell it when we booked the house back in march...but during our wedding week in October, all we could smell was that amazing ocean air :) I can't tell you how wonderful it was to wake up every morning, pour ourselves a cup of coffee and take in that view from the back porch. Perfect!! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much can't wait to take a look at it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, one more thing, I have compiled a list of housing of all sizes on my wedding website.  Its not 100% complete, but you are welcome to look at it. there are houses and condos from 2 to 10 BR listed :)  We have a lot of people coming :)
    www.mrandmrstimothyedington.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Love your website!!  Very creative :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your website great work thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards