North Carolina-Outer Banks

Salon suggestions needed

Um, yeah... how about in all the craziness that has taken over FI's life and mine over the past few months, I suddenly realized I haven't hired someone to do my hair and makeup....

Wedding Lesson #2 for the day... regular life (without wedding planning) can get crazy- so plan ahead

I'm looking at Dimensions (Kill Devil Hills), Hairoics (Kill Devil Hills), and It's Royalty (Manteo)... any pros/cons of these?

Re: Salon suggestions needed

• I used It's Royalty in Manteo and was very happy with everything!  Linda did a great job on my hair and Charlene did my make-up.....they also did my mother and my entire BP.  You get the entire salon for the day so you plenty of space for all of your stuff.  The only thing I didn't like was that you cannot bring alcohol into the salon and I really wanted mimosas for my girls....but we took care of that with a shot of tequila once we got back to the beach house, lol.  I would advise to pay Linda in cash b/c she took quite awhile to charge me for my service---I wasn't charged for my Aug 12th hair trial until 2 days before my wedding, which was Sept 16th.  Sooooo, that really irked me b/c I had to call her about this 3 times, so my only advice would be to pay with cash OR have her run your card right in front of you so that you know it's all taken care of.

• I used Hairoics for pedicures and nails and was very happy.  They also did my eyebrows.  We had Bombshell's come to the house though for hair and makeup.  I loved what they did!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • See my 5/24 vendor review- I would not recommend Bombshells, but that was my experience. I appreciate communication and reliability, maybe you are happy to fly by the seat of your pants! (It was less than 48 hours before my wedding that I finally got her to confirm and set a time she was coming)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I 100% recommend It's Royalty.  They came to our beach house, and my hair and make up looked awesome - I got compliments all night!!
  • I used Glimmer and they were great! My hair and makeup have never looked better!  Mollie was so sweet and easy to communicate with.  I highly recommend them! You can go to their salon or they will travel to you.
  • Mollie from Glimmer does my hair on a regular basis, she hs for 7 years.  I LOVE her and have hired she and Bridget to take care of me and my girls for my wedding next Spring.  I highly recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards