North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

ipod at Budleigh

Has anyone or is anyone planning on hooking up an ipod at Budleigh?  If so, how did it work out?  Do you know if there is also a hookup for a microphone?

(I emailed Bonnie and she wasn't sure about the microphone hookup)

Thanks!

Re: ipod at Budleigh

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

There is a thread near the bottom of the page that someone asked about this and a bride responed that she did use an Ipod and it worked out great for her!

• Options
    mnwell03mnwell03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I did see that.  Bonnie had given me the contact info for someone who used it about a month ago and she said that didn't have much success so I was hoping to get a little more feedback.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Silly question but do people use the IPODs for their guests to dance to or just for background music?  If yo uare using an IPOD in place of a DJ, do you have a dance floor setup?  I am having a small wedding (under 40 people) and I just can't see paying for a DJ so an IPOD sounds like a good alternative..,. I'm just not sure how to pull it off so we have a good time.

• Options
    mccann58mccann58 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RXL0076,
    I used an ipod at my reception rather than shelling out hundreds for a DJ and we had about 40-50 ppl in attendance.  My reception was in the backyard of a beach home, poolside, and we didn't rent a dance floor but just used the permanent raised gazebo/pavilion as the dance floor.  It was about a 12'x12' area.  I don't necessarily think you have to rent a special dance floor if you aren't required to by the venue you're using.  We used the ipod for background music and for dancing music.  We set up 2 playlists on the ipod, 1 for cocktail hour...more mellow type stuff, and then one for the reception/dance music.  We also had certain songs titled as "entrance" or  "cake cutting" or  "first dance" or "father daughter dance", etc.  The only thing we really had to make sure of was that we had someone iin charge of the ipod so that when certain songs needed to be played all they had to do was click on the appropriate song.  Most of the quotes I got were about $200 an hour for a DJ and going the ipod route all it cost me was a little bit of time putting together the playlists and about $60 in itunes since I already owned a bunch of the music we wanted to play.  It all worked out great and everyone danced the night away! I would definitely recommend the ipod route if it's possible at your venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards