North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Sand Ceremony

I'm guessing that most people on this board are going to be doing the sand ceremony rather than a unity candle.  All of the sand ceremony sets that you can buy are like $60 for just a vase and two pourers which seems a little ridiculous to me.  I live by an Ikea so I was just going to try to head there and find some pretty vases, but then I remembered that we will need a lid on it to transport it and that might be tough to find.Does anyone have any advice on what to use/how to personalize it?  I posted on the DIY board as well, so I will share anything that they tell me in case people are in the same situation.TIA!!

Re: Sand Ceremony

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at IKEA yesterday and they have some great pricing on vases.  Different shapes and colors.  Colored sand too.  What were you thinking of terms of personalizing?  Like etching the glass?  I heard that some people have used melted wax to seal it closed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     My mom got us an hour glass we can put the sand in after the ceremony to keep at home.  We just put the sand in a baggie to get it home.  We found inexpensive vases at a local craft store.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found vases at Goodwill for $1 each!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards