North Carolina-Outer Banks

Pearl Brides- Menu Question

What are you serving? Are you doing a buffet or seated service?

I was told my Pearl that our options would be (for seated service) and Land & Sea Combo, meaning fish & beef on the same plate. When my FMIL found this out, she flipped out and said that she and others in her family HATE fish and just to have it on their plate would ruin the meal for them.

Should I just do the buffet instead? Or change the menu?

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Pearl Brides- Menu Question

• ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi- I'm an event coordinator, and while I'm in the process of planning my wedding... I can offer you some suggestions.. beef and fish together are difficult because some people aren't a red meat eater, some don't like fish, or are allergic.. and a straight chicken dish always seems "blah", although I've seen some that don't.. the buffet might be the way to go, unless the location allows you to have your guests select an option, but that always cause more headaches. Just my 2 cents!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We were offered fish and chicken, but the chicken was Normandy style which we aren't crazy about so we'll need to figure out something with that.  I'm not crazy about fish either, but most people in our family love it.  With serving whatever is fresh that day, it's sort of a toss up with what kind they'll get too.  Trish did say that she hates having guests select their meals ahead of time from options.

Have you picked your appetizers yet or have any ideas?
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was torn between a sit down meal and a tapas style dinner.  I wanted my guests to have full service.  In the end, I decided on the tapas (buffet) style so that guests didn't have to choose what they wanted to eat a month in advance.  Plus, they could try a little of each if they wanted.  They will still be serviced with drinks with dinner.

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_pearl-brides-menu-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:f93fc6d9-76df-4586-87a2-25e9c9eea90aPost:dba9b5d1-1f4e-4c5e-a000-ee6115c94e3c">Re: Pearl Brides- Menu Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were offered fish and chicken, but the chicken was Normandy style which we aren't crazy about so we'll need to figure out something with that.  I'm not crazy about fish either, but most people in our family love it.  With serving whatever is fresh that day, it's sort of a toss up with what kind they'll get too.  Trish did say that she hates having guests select their meals ahead of time from options. Have you picked your appetizers yet or have any ideas?
    Posted by ms_teach[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the Chicken, not my fav way of cooking it either. It's a little frustrating the whole, "Whatever's fresh!" thing, cause I'd like to know beforehand. I haven't picked the apps yet. We are planning to meet with her next weekend and try some options. From their menu online, I like the classics like shrimp cocktail and tomato tarts. I'm just still not sure if we should go with the buffet or the plated??? So confused......
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards