California-Napa

Sonoma Destination Second Wedding

My financee and I are getting married June 2010 in Sonoma, CA. We've already secured our ceremony location. This is a second wedding for both of us so we're keeping it low key. Now I'm in need of recommendations for:

- flowers (would prefer someplace with variety that I can buy by the stem and create a simple loose bouquet)
- reception venue - instead of having dinner at the ceremony location (too many food allergies, diet restrictions in my family), we're opting for a reception/dinner at a local restaurant. There are only 13 of us total so we won't need to rent out a whole place.
- spa (I'd like to get my hair, makeup and nails done, but I'm not a girly girl so it'll be a simple hair do - probably down and just needs a flat iron; same with makeup  simple barely made up look).
- officiant (someone non-denominational)

We're on a budget also.

Any and all recommendations appreciated.

Thanks~
Jane

Re: Sonoma Destination Second Wedding

• edited December 2011
    If you're looking for an affordable flower option, I would go with the San Francisco Flower Market on 5th and Brannan. (I'm using a vendor from the SF Flower market for my wedding)

For food, I love the El Dorado Kitchen in downtown Sonoma.

Good luck!

Nat
  • edited December 2011
    Coles Chop House in Downtown Napa! :) That's our dating anniversary spot.  The food is great and so is the staff (Patrick is the best server they have!)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I live about 10 minutes from Sonoma in Glen Ellen, CA.  I have two businesses.   I offer a professional, on site service to brides as their Personal Bridal Attendant.  I am there to take the pressure off,  assist the bride on her wedding day and free up time for the Mother of the Bride, the Maid of Honor and your attendants to just be able to enjoy that time with you.  I am also a professional seamstress specializing in Bridal and Evening Wear.  Combining these two specialties I offer the following:
    Makeup run through and skin analysis prior to your wedding day.  Since you are out of town we would be doing a consult via email & regular mail.

BEFORE THE CEREMONY:
    Skin Prep & Makeup Application
    Check Gown
    Dressing
    Make sure you stay hydrated and have eaten.
    Provide Bridal emergency Kit (bandaids, tissues, hair pins, hair spray, lavendar sachet, Q-Tips, Tylenol, etc.
    Sewing emergencies like taking care of mishaps that may occur for you and your wedding party.  Like buttons or straps coming off, zippers malfunctioning or ripping out, torn hems, ribbons coming off bouquets, beads coming off, etc.
    AFTER THE CEREMONY:
    I stay to do the bustle on your gown.
    Makeup touchups for you and your attendants for pictures. 

If I can be of service just email me for additional information.  I look forward to hearing from you. 
    Becky
    beautibeacon5@hotmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, I also had my wedding on a budget,  I used a local photographer Creighton from http://CJCPhoto.com and just loved the photos!  He is giving the digital negatives away now so he is an even better bargain!  The DJ I used was Noel Plumb out of Santa Rosa again very reasonable!  Believe it our not we had Safeway do our flowers and they were just beautiful and affordable!

Best of Luck 

Elle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards