California-Napa

Napa Venue HELP

Just returned from the area on a weekend of looking at venues nonstop. Nothing really jumped out at us except BR Cohn, and it is $8k site fee and that does not include tables or anything. I also liked Calistoga Ranch. Does anyone have any feedback about these two?? Also, any that I may be missing, that don't have an outrageous site fee? I originally (a long time ago) loved V Sattui, but they are kind of a wedding factory & expensive for how many restrictions they have. I think I am comparing the look of weddings there to everywhere we go. We saw:
Harvest Inn
Vintners Inn
Hans Fahden
Calistoga Ranch
Cline Cellars
Buena Vista
Br Cohn
Sebastiani
Charles Krug

ruled out based on price: Kunde, Viansa, Silverado, Jacuzzi, Trentadue (not price, just wasnt what i am looking for)

Any suggestions?!?!

Re: Napa Venue HELP

• mooselissamooselissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Sebastiani on June 11. We chose it because the barrel room is gorgeous and it is so close (it was really important to us to have a location where all our guests could fully enjoy the party without worrying about the drive after). We rented their trolley and it picked up our guests all around town--and we got to take photos on the trolley, too. The team is great and the wedding was absolutely beautiful--completely exceeded my expectations. All of that said, we also got to go up into a hilltop vineyard for a Day After photo shoot, so we were able to have both the proximity of Sebastiani and the sweeping vineyard photos.

I also had great experiences with my vendors:
    Catering--Park Avenue--great prices and our guests raved about the food
    Flowers--Wine Country Flowers--Anita did an AMAZING job with our flowers
    Cake--Michelle Marie's--we had a few hiccups in the planning process, but it was beautiful and so delicious!
    DJ--Denon & Doyle
    Strings--Garden Strings

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I once went to a wedding at Calistoga Ranch....and it was magical!! I will try and find some of those photos and send them to you.
    Also if you are looking for a photographer  www.freshinlove.com

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married next weekend at Solage Calistoga (a sister property of Calistoga Ranch, I believe, and definitely of Auberge du Soleil).  If you are having 65 people or less, the site fee is just $2,000.  There is a minimum food/bev. of $175 per person (plus 29% grat./tax) though.  But it is easy to reach that- no problem! 
  • bethcarriebethcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of Napa/Sonoma sites listed on herecomestheguide.com, so you could look there if you haven't already.  I have friends that got married recently at Paradise Ridge in Santa Rosa (http://www.prwinery.com/index.php/Home.html) and loved it.  They chose a Thursday evening date and saved a ton on the rental fee.
  • edited December 2011

Check out Ramekins it is in Downtown Sonoma. It doesnt have an outrageous venue fee and it is a culinary school so you dont have to worry about catering!

This is Snickers our Netherlands Dwarf bunny! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any comments about the Culinary Institute in Hekena at Greystone ? We live in Fl, and are trying to find out some details about the weddings in this venue. I appreciate any help with surrounding vendors or tips  that you may have! Thanks in advance!
  • edited December 2011
    My fsil went to a wedding there and said it was cramped. None of it was outside and all in the dark wine cellar.
    This is Snickers our Netherlands Dwarf bunny! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Culinary Institute has a huge room w/ some barrels in it. The floor is cement and has some columns which will block some views. The outside is very pretty and you'll walk in and go up the staris to reach their room. I didn't like it there, it seemed too dark and industrial.

The resturant has good food though.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't see B.R. Cohn when I was there. Paula wasn't in.

Calistoga Ranch is very pretty especially the cave. The only downside is that the ceremony site w/ the vineyard view is by the swimming pool. I think that's a little weird. If you like the lake ceremony, it'll be a good option.

I wanted my w/ vineyard view so I liked Jacuzzi Family Vineyards. Did you see any venue similar to Jacuzzii's Tuscan stone building that's on the rolling hills? I like Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards's view but not the building. Thank you.
  • when we were looking we looked at Peju winery and it seemed reasonable for pricing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards