January 2012 Weddings

TTC on hold for now

After giving it some though, DH and I are going to wait to TTC. If we continued to TTC now we would have to buy my new health insurance right away(for fear that it happens fast), and we really don't have the extra money right now. I am on my current health insurance till August. This means if we put off TTC then we could save two payments of $321, because I wouldn't have to buy my new one until August.

We might chance our minds and end of buying my insurance in July, then we can TTC then. I hate that everything always comes down to money!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TTC on hold for now

• I agree, it does suck when decisions have to be made based on money.  But it sounds like you've given this a lot of thought.  And even if you do wait until August, it's only two months away.  While it may feel like forever, remember how fast those last two months went before the wedding?  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Update: After a call to my current insurance I found out that I actually do have maternity coverage so that means that my new insurance could not deny maternity coverage to me! Yippee!

After DH wakes I'll share with him the good news. However, I'll also have to share with him the bad news that the $320 plan will not cover us for more than $500 of maternity labs and x-rays so it looks like the plan will cost us a lot more than we hoped. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • YAY!  That is good news.  :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_ttc-on-hold-for-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:3bb333a1-3966-45ea-bed6-046bf64c5c1fPost:4f25e3b0-d931-4acc-a16d-6f36826fef62">Re: TTC on hold for now</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY!  That is good news.  :) 
    Posted by shellmaneth[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, thanks!
  • Wow, you sure have some tough decisions ahead!  You are a strong couple and I know that you will make the right ones. 

Good Luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_ttc-on-hold-for-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:3bb333a1-3966-45ea-bed6-046bf64c5c1fPost:dfe3a54f-dbe3-41ba-a3cf-d64914af78b2">Re: TTC on hold for now</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, you sure have some tough decisions ahead!  You are a strong couple and I know that you will make the right ones.  Good Luck!
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yes, I guess we do. If only DH or I would get a teaching job then we would have health insurance. There is also a slight possiblity that he might get it from the country club he works at.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_ttc-on-hold-for-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:3bb333a1-3966-45ea-bed6-046bf64c5c1fPost:57c8e8a0-7d51-4cf0-bfdf-4e5afbf213ef">Re: TTC on hold for now</a>:
    [QUOTE]Update: After a call to my current insurance I found out that I actually do have maternity coverage so that means that my new insurance could not deny maternity coverage to me! Yippee! After DH wakes I'll share with him the good news. However, I'll also have to share with him the bad news that the $320 plan will not cover us for more than $500 of maternity labs and x-rays so it looks like the plan will cost us a lot more than we hoped. :(
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]
    Glad to hear that you won't be denied coverage! That's such good news! Sorry about the plan ending up more than you expected though. Hopefully one or both of you will get teaching jobs soon and be able to get coverage that way.
  • I am glad that you have coverage! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards