July 2012 Weddings
Options

Help me decide

I feel awful and I'm at work. I'm not sure if I should go home. We only have 3 more school days including today. I'm trying to eat my breakfast, but I can't. I have a sore throat and my stomach feels funny, my ears hurt. I feel drained.

I went home sick last week Wednesday too.

Go home or stay?? I really don't want to go home if I don't have to, but I can't imagine staying here until 3:30.

I teach high school students if this helps.
doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me decide

• Options
    Go home! Otherwise you run the risk of running yourself down and getting worse - - go home, drink a lot of water and try and sleep.  This is not the time to be getting sick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have enough sick days left?  If so just go home as long as you don't think they will frown upon it since you were just out sick last week.  Maybe try to stay 1/2 day and stick it out to lunch?
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I never leave if I come in just because it's hard for the administrators to find coverage in my school. But if it's easy for someone to cover your classes and other teachers leave early sometimes, then go for it!
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tough it out as long as you can. Im not sure how the subbing system works for HS students. Maybe go home after the lunch hour?
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    I think if you are not feeling well and have some time off I would see if you go just take a 1/2 day. Hope you feel better!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I may go home after lunch or something. It kind of feels like I'm coming down with a fever too. I want to tough it out, I have plenty of sick days too. I'll see if they can find someone to sub for me.

Ugh.
  • Options
    I'm a sub at a high school. I don't know about where you are but for us today is super boring because teachers get docked if they take the day after a holiday. There may be someone really bored waiting to do something! Go see if they can get a sub and then go home! Oh and if you can't, come up with an easy activity and tell the kids your sick. They can be surprisingly nice sometimes!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would see if they can find a sub and try to make it for a half day.  Hugs!  Hope you feel better asap!  I had strep in March and that is how I felt...it was horrible!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Once I'm at work, I always stay. Like I want to leave but feel guilty for some reason. Since you've only got a few days left, I'd tough it out. Hope you're feeling better soon! And summer is right around the corner!! Yayy!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I don't know anything about subbing so I don't know what kind of advice to give you. But I hope you feel better.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Did you end up staying?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I ended up going home. I was glad I did- I got worse later in the day. I'm back at work though, not much better but it's mangeable now :)

They were able to find a sub right away.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards