Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Capitol Rotunda in Harrisburg

Does anyone have any information or tips on planning a wedding ceremony at the Capitol Harrisbug??  We booked the venue right after seeing pictures, and decided we had to be married there.  Now, I'm a little worried about how the planning will go, and how the day will turn out.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!! :-)

Re: Capitol Rotunda in Harrisburg

• Options
    It's free for starters which rocks. Most choose to have their ceremony at 4pm or later when it closes to the public.  Any event rental place can set the chairs up earlier on the day of though.  You need to get permission from your state rep or something likewise to get ready ahead of time at the capital and pay for extra security if it's after the time frame of the venue being opened which I don't know if this has changed or not.  When you go for a photographer try for someone that includes at least two people.  The shots down are just as gorgeous as those taken on the floor.  Keep in mind that parking isn't close for those who are disabled but I think you can pull strings to get that worked out.  I know someone who was just married there in Jan so if you want to PM me your email address I'd be happy to pass along to her.  Good luck!  It's a gorgeous venue!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can also do your reception at the Capitol? Or is it ceremony only?
  • Options
    Hi! I'm getting married at the Capital Rotunda in May. Have any of you had you weddings there yet? I'd love helpful hints!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards