January 2012 Weddings

MIL Drama again

ok So we are traveling these 2 days home.  I try not to makes plans with anyone in case we run into traffic, weather problems, ect...

So my mom called me to tell me that my MIL called her to find out what our Christmas plans are.  1. this annoys me that she can't call us to ask.

So I call her...

She tells me 3 times that she doesn't have plans.  So I invite her to my parents for dinner and she says that she would rather sit home alone that come have dinner with my family.

WHAT! I am outraged.

There are a few things you don't get to say to mess with me.
1. anything about my family
2. I am a bad friend
3. I don't try hard at basically anything.

Re: MIL Drama again

• I'm sorry. Maybe she'll come around. Safe travels.
  • We are 1/2 way, we'll be home tomorrow.

Unfortunatly she will never change.
  • I'm sorry Jen. That was a horrible thing for your MIL to say to you. At least your Christmas dinner will be less stress without her there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_mil-drama-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:839c0713-8907-496b-a42e-937936c295fePost:45206ef5-2e23-46ac-9e10-7952db635af0">Re: MIL Drama again</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry Jen. That was a horrible thing for your MIL to say to you. At least your Christmas dinner will be less stress without her there.
    Posted by Cony&Ben[/QUOTE]

This! That was really rude of her to say that. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays anyhow!
  • Just know that you are the bigger of the two people by inviting her. That was very nice of you. Her comment was just RUDE. I'm sorry Jen!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry. i know how you feel, I get that from my dad too about joining us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards