January 2012 Weddings

Wedding VIP and Enemy

Who is your wedding's biggest enemy, and your wedding's very important person  (the person who has helped you out the most that isn't you or your FI).

My biggest enemy is my dad, because I have to fight him every time for money, for support, and just to accept my decisions.

My mom on the other hand is my VIP. She has actually been sneaking me some of her paychecks to help pay for the wedding.

Re: Wedding VIP and Enemy

• My enemy would be FMIL. She has been a huge help financially by loaning us money for the wedding but has made it very difficult and sometimes acts as though it is her wedding.

My VIP would be my mom. I know she's got my back through out this entire journey. She has been saving money and going up and has been been sounding board for so many decisions. My runner up VIP is my sister because she's been willing to put her foot down, which helps me put my put down when it comes to certain people and saying no.

Great post idea awarm!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I think my wedding enemy would have to be my mom. shes not nearly as supportive as i thought she would be. and there is so much more. 

my VIP would have to be my dad and step mom. they have done so much for my wedding. financially. ideas. decorations. everything has been planned between my step mom and i and my dad has put it all together. 
    image 500 Invited! image 300 Ready to party! image 28 Party Poopers! image 172 MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding enemy would have to be FI's best friend or should I say ex-best friend.  they are still friends but currently are not talking.  He bailed as FI's best man and has started bad-mouthing me to all of FI's family and friends.  Luckily Fi's family is very supportive of us and seem to be ignoring him.

My VIP would have to be Fi's Aunt Debbie, who is now my favorite Aunt ever.  She has been so helpful and is transporting my dress for me to the wedding since we are flying.  My mother offered to take it but is already taking most of the decorations, she is my really close second runner up. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • My enemy would have to be my FI's ex-best man. I hate the way he dropped out of the wedding when there was only 2 months left. He didn't even have a good reason. It wasn't because of finances like I thought. It was because he didn't want to shave his beard. (He has a very long mountain beard). It was really childish of him!

My VIP would be a tie between my mother and my best friend (bm). My mom has helped me fiancially and my best friend has helped me by listening to me and helping me with ideas. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone ive been MIA, ive been reading the post everyday put cannot reply from my phone. i used to chat from work but theres a new manager and we cant surf the net, during work hours. auughhh!!!! i miss you all.

now to answer the question, my biggest enemy would be my sister the "matron of honor"

my Vip would be my other sister who is the honary mother of the bride since my mom passed away.
  • Wedding VIP definitely my parents - this is my second wedding so my FI and I are paying for everything ourselves or so we thought. My parents keep paying for stuff without me knowing- they went and got all the cases of wine I wanted, went and ordered all the favors I wanted, and then picked up all the materials for the centerpices I wanted.

Wedding Enemy - FSIL - not that she has done anything awful - she just complains a lot about having to drive down here and bring family members with her. Ummm sorry that we live three states away!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have a wedding enemy.  My VIP is my bff from work who is basically being my b*tch for the day of the wedding, at my beck and call. :D
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_wedding-vip-enemy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:88d84669-38bf-4d94-befb-29f04ef9d3a5Post:f0cba28a-0a56-4fba-823c-87a8db21c8bb">Re: Wedding VIP and Enemy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding Enemy - FSIL - not that she has done anything awful - she just complains a lot about having to drive down here and bring family members with her. Ummm sorry that we live three states away!
    Posted by ccollazo1113[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.  Most of my family is in Ohio or Florida.  Haven't lived in Ohio since I was 8.  Never lived in Florida.  I didn't move here by choice.
  • VIP-Aunt

Enemy-FMIL
  • I don't really have an enemy...well, maybe the friends who got married around us (my bridesmaid who got married a year before, the best man who's getting married 3 months later), I love them but I feel pretty insecure that people are going to think or wedding is disorganized or cheap or too "handmade" compared to their very elegant ones.

And then VIP would be my fiance, followed by probably my mom.
  • Wedding VIP---My dad and stepmom. They just have been so supportive. They helped make the invites, my dad is making all the table numbers for us, they picked up everything for the centerpeices. They ordered wine glasses for us, etc. etc. Not only that it's just that they are helping with so many projects. It's been great

Wedding Enemy---hmmm. My sister probably. She's 17 and has a jealousy issue so she throws fits cause the attention isn't all on her. or my mother. She's having a hard time letting me (the oldest) go so that means she shows this disinterest in all things wedding. It's really sad. = (
    09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards