January 2012 Weddings

Pre-Wedding Workout Tips?

Hey guys,

I know there's a board for this, but is anyone else trying to get in shape before the wedding? What are you doing? I need some motivation to get into the gym or at least moving! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pre-Wedding Workout Tips?

• i joined a coed indoor soccer team and i LOVE it!! and It's motivated me to get more fit to be better AND for the wedding...gonna have to stop a bit before the wedding though because MAN are my legs bruised up. haha But i also have a gym membership and once i'm done with finals next week i will be hitting it hard there!! Atleast that's my goal. Cardio is my main focus with weights esp focused on my arms, gotta look good in that strapless dress. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sosie I am in the same boat as you! I want to work out and know that I would feel much better if I did but dang if I can't find the motivation to do so!  I have a history of back issues and tendonitis in my knee, so part of me is freaked out that I will end up hurting myself again (right now thanks to a new job I have no insurance). I keep thinking about the things I want to do on the honeymoon but right now may not be able to because of my weight.

I think we should find something that works for each of us and start holding each other accountable. We can start a weekly workout thread or something!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I am a part-time personal trainer and have a LOT of knowlege with fitness but ironically I struggle with my weight. I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and even since then I have gained weight in my belly. It sucks!

As far as my workouts, I try to spin once a week, ride my bike outdoors once a week, take pilates once a week, and weight train in between. I too have a strong lack of motivation but I am trying very hard to force myself to workout. I used to LOVE it and wish I could feel that way again. I think the more weight I put on the less motivation I have. Also, a lot of people at my gym knew me when I was 30 lbs less so I am very embarrassed when I run into them.

My goal is to lose 25lbs (and keep it off) by the time of the wedding. I would feel wonderful and my dress would fit me great. As of now, I need to loose 15lbs in order for my dress to zip up. I hate being overweight so much!!!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_pre-wedding-workout-tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:8eb25cc3-0d9e-44a0-a296-6ece710385d7Post:5c68e7e6-3e70-44ad-8070-499400d5231a">Pre-Wedding Workout Tips?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, I know there's a board for this, but is anyone else trying to get in shape before the wedding? What are you doing? I need some motivation to get into the gym or at least moving! :)
    Posted by sosie&fangman[/QUOTE]

I finally just started walking 20 minutes a day, and started to do the free workouts under the free on demand available on Cable. I was also advised to break up my workouts, for instance walk 10 minutes briskly in the morning, and then if you have time do it at lunch, and after dinner, do another 10 minutes. It works for my schedule and I feel like it's really helped me tone! GL to you!
  • i am glad i am not the only one feeling the lack of motivation! I had such great workouts before spring break and just fell out of the groove. i need to figure out what it was that made me work out before. :) But i was doing treadmill and a step class alternately - working out four times a week. I tried to get back into it with swimming-- that's my fave workout-- and weights, but i haven't been consistant.

Sassy, love the idea of a weekly thread! Accountability is one of the greatest things i lack (er...besides motivation)

Katelee! Good work on your walking!! I know it is not easy to start, but once you get a good groove, it's easy, right? (say yes so i know i can do it too!! :) haha)

Tara, i know exactly what you mean. I am working out in a university gym and it seems like twigs are everwhere, and in the back of my head i keep thinking of the guys as bully jocks who are laughing at me try to run on the treadmill. :) tee hee.  but i have decided i have to just get out of my head and do this for me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards