January 2012 Weddings
Options

Ceremony Questionnnnnnn

Heeeeeeeeyyy!

So I've been kinda MIA, well checking in but not posting, i'm sick (like everyone else, who gave it to me!) and been super busy with work and trying to actually accomplish stuff.

We've had some big checks, groomsmen all fitted, final fitting for my dress on Tuesday, met with DJ last week and florist this tuesday (both are paid in full!! woo!) next I meet with the country club on Saturday to get final numbers and maybe make another payment. Fi booked our rehearsal dinner (yes i know your all shocked my FABULOUS FMIL isn't helping with this either..)

Anyhow.. point of this post, I saw some posts that people finalized their ceremony verbage.. my BIL is going to perform our ceremony, we met with him and just need to figure out a layout and whatnot, if anyone doesnt mind, could they post their ceremony lineup/verbiage so I can maybe take from it ideas for ours. no religion, i'm walking myself down the aisle - fi may walk and meet me - more of a show that we're doing this for ourselves and noone is giving us away- corny.. any suggestions would be great. we are also thinking of asking one or two people to do readings and dont know where to begin with this..

hoping to come in tonight and  catch up on the rest of the posts! TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ceremony Questionnnnnnn

• Options
    YAY to all of the checks.  I can post our ceremony wording.  We aren't having a religious ceremony.  Ours was provided by our officiant but I did have the handfasting added to it.  I actually have three versions from them that we picked from.  Let me see if I can find them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Okay I found the three versions.  The first is their basic version.  The second is their religious version.  The third is their contemmporary version.  And the last is our version (contemporary with the handfasting).  I also think we made another change but I can't remember what it is.

I'm not sure how to get the wording on here.  I can email them to you if you want to PM your email addy. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here is what we came up with. Sorry in advance, it is very long!

Opening

Welcome everyone. Amity and Matt have chosen you, those special and important to them, to witness and celebrate the beginning of their life together. Today, as we create this marriage, we also create a new bond and new sense of family – one that will undoubtedly include all who are present here today.

Amity and Matt – Today you enter as individuals, but you will leave here as husband and wife, blending your lives, expanding your family ties, and embarking upon the grandest adventure of human interaction. The story of your life together is still yours to write. All those present have come to witness and celebrate your love and commitment this day – eager to a part of the story not yet told.

Reading

Amity and Matt, the time has come to forget all the stress of planning this day and simply enjoy your friends and family who have gathered to spend this day with you. This group of loved ones will, likely, never be together in the same place again. Through quiet reflection and nostalgia, think about how each person has touched your life and why they are here with you today.

True marriage begins well before the wedding day, and the efforts of marriage continue well beyond the ceremony’s end. A brief moment in time and the stroke of the pen are all that is required to create the legal bond of marriage, but it takes a lifetime of love, commitment, and compromise to make marriage durable and everlasting. Today you declare your commitment to each other before family and friends, your yesterdays were the path to this moment, and your journey to a future of togetherness becomes a little clearer with each new day.

Vows

I, Amity, take you Matt, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

I, Matt, take you Amity, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

Rings

With this ring, I thee wed.

Unity Sand

Life’s moments are as grains of sands, forever moving and shifting with the winds of time. Today, Amity and Matt, you are making your eternal commitment to one another, blending the sands of your lives together. The separate vessels of sand you each hold represents your lives up to this moment. And from this moment on, as with the sands you now blend together, you shall become one; a family created.

Declaration of Marriage
    By the power vested in my by the State of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Matt you may now kiss your bride.

Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I can't help too much, we had some to pick from out of a book... well that's what happens when you get married in a catholic church.
  • Options
    Thanks Amity!

Shell you've got a PM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_ceremony-questionnnnnnn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:90a8df8c-8718-479c-a988-c1f74fcf0504Post:094aaac0-efcf-4cf8-a5dd-c71682e2a03f">Re: Ceremony Questionnnnnnn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try this website I found it very helpful <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/id/vancuren/wedscript.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.angelfire.com/id/vancuren/wedscript.html</a>
    Posted by ccollazo1113[/QUOTE]

This was the website we used! I just couldn't find it when I did a search at work when I was posting.
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards