January 2012 Weddings
Options

Trying to get back on track...Part Rant, part AW

OK, so this has been one HELL of a year. Between grieving over two people i'm very close to, the horrors of my wedding planner, and school, I am surprised I have not gone off the deep end.

As you all know, my wedding planner goes MIA when I am available to plan, totally screwed me on the budget (we agreed to 10K, but somehow she forgot to add in the little stuff which made it more like $20K), and gave me just words on a page with a pretty font when i asked her to design the invitations (don't even get me started on the monogram!!) Oh, and she never really tried to build a relationship with me (when we got together it was always about her kids and never about my wedding.)

When my sister passed away, I turned the whole thing over to my FMIL to get with her and deal with-- i was done. She and my sister have been dealing with the whole thing. We are three months away and i have NO idea where we are or what we have left to do. did i mention the woman never gave me a timeline? Undecidedoh, and of all the things that was NOT included on the budget, she forgot to include the bridal portraits...yeah, i will not even get to do my bridals...that made me SO MAD!

So moving on, my FMIL just fired my wedding planner and hired a day of planner for [a bit more than] what was left on the contract. I think she should go after the rest of the money, but she's really happy to be out of that contract-- i don't blame her...so am I!

So this weekend, i had my friend design an invitation for me. It is perfect!  I am so happy to finally have something done on my list! I wonder if i will ever find shoes and underwear so i can get my dress fitted!! :)

SO here's a pic of the invite (i didn't know how much i was supposed to redact, so it's pretty well blacked out...but you get the idea).

what do you guys think? :) i am pretty jazzed....
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards