January 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR- My ski trip

We're back from Vermont. It was a trip I will never forget for many reasons.
1. On the way there we went 100 miles out of our way due to the GPS
2. A snowstorm hit right as we were arriving and made for some scary driving,
3. I couldn't ski due to several reasons
4. I felt like I had the flu on our way home

I love skiing so much but I had many forces working against me. My ski boots felt too tight around my ankles and calves. They were actually causing pain. This is strange because they felt fine back in March. My new skis felt a little too long. I went up 3cm but I didn't realize that would make such a difference. I also felt WAY out of shape. I have only gained 8 lbs since last ski season, but I felt so fat and uncomfortable. It was terrible. I was huffing and puffing walking to the gondola. I only made it down twice before giving up.I was so upset. Fi and I went guest services and explained what happened and they gave us vouchers to come back another time. 

Now I know I have to get my butt in the gym everyday before our Park City honeymoon which is on Feb. 1. I also have to see if the ski shop can swap out my skis for shorter ones and I have to figure out why I had pain with my boots. I love skiing and am determined to not give it up! 

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm really sad that this trip was so terrible. A lot of money was wasted, but I guess it was still good to get away.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR- My ski trip

• Options
    I am sorry... At least you got to spend time with FI, and didn't entirely loose everything. I hope that you can get everything fixed in time.
  • Options
    i'm going skiing for the first time for our honeymoon so I'll probably be in the same boat.. :/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_nwr-ski-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:c7b452fa-322f-416b-ae14-1cbd58b5301dPost:a642a470-9e12-4b99-bc15-114c7b99609d">Re: NWR- My ski trip</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm going skiing for the first time for our honeymoon so I'll probably be in the same boat.. :/
    Posted by jl46[/QUOTE]

Where will you be skiing?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards