Pennsylvania-Central

Wine for Wedding

We're proving our own alcohol at the wedding (yay!) but dont know what path to take with the wine.  We're doing a self serve bar, so it will be bottled wines so people can take them to their tables.  We want a red, a white, and a blush..

If you a providing your own wines, did you do a local winery, or branch out? And what style/maker?

Re: Wine for Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Local wineries are great! I love Nissley and they usually have sales throughout the year so you can easily stock up!!
  • edited December 2011
    we got our wine through nissley. we prefer sweet so we actually got our three favorites (grapeful red, grapeful white, and fantasy). if you purchase cases you can get a discount.

also... you could go to MD and stock up at a liquor store and save some money because you dont pay taxes there. it depends if you're looking for something specific or not.

also, a lot of wineries will do custom labelling. we didnt do this because we werent giving the bottles as gifts but that is something you could consider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Local wineries are much better than buying at the state store.  We love Long Trout in Hamburg, PA; Va La in West Chester, PA; and Hauser Estate Winery in Biglerville.  Hope this helps:)
  • edited December 2011
    We got 3 buck chuck (Charles Shaw) from Trader Joes.  We got Chardonnay, White Zin, and Cab Sav.  It get's really great reviews and it's only $3.  Of course you have to get it out of state, my mom lives in NC and picked it up for me in Raleigh.

We're also having liquor and beer, so I wasn't going to break the bank on wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards