Arizona-Tucson
Options

Wax!

I'm considering getting a wax [bikini or brazilian... have not yet decided... maybe try the bikini now to see how it goes and then go for the brazilian before the wedding?]. Wedding is 4 months out. I've never gotten a wax before. Would now be a good time to try it and see if everything goes well? And then I could get another wax done before the wedding. How soon before the wedding should I do it? If I get the bikini wax done now, would I also need to do a "trial run" of the brazilian? Or could I assume that the brazilian wax would go fine as long as the bikini wax did?

Also, and most importantly, who do you go to? Anyone have recommendations?!

Re: Wax!

• Options
    KinfinityKinfinity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wondering this same thing!!

Any help would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    Austen2010Austen2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get Brazillian waxes before vacations etc... and go to Spa One on Campbell and 5th. I think it depends on how long it lasts based on each individual person. You do need to have about a 1/4 inch of growth in order to wax, but I think it is best if you call them and ask all of these questions.

Hope this helped a little. :)
  • Options
    Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about in-town locations, but I completely agree with the post above: the best thing you can do is talk to who will be doing it and she can give you all the advice you need.

I had a bikini wax and it was the most painful experience with hair I've ever had. My sister had one at the same time and she said it wasn't bad. It really depends on your level of pain tolerance. I did bleed a little and was swollen for the rest of the day, but after that, I felt just fine. There are some rules. For example, right after (and I don't remember for how long. It's a certain set of hours, whether it's 24 or more) you couldn't expose it to sunlight. So, if you're having a beachy honeymoon, you should probably get yours a couple of days in advance. My wax fended off the hair for a good week to 2 weeks. It was pretty much awesome. But not worth the pain to ever go through again.

Honestly, if this is your first wax ever, I would suggest to just go for it all the way you want to. Bikini really only covers the minil amount of hair to remove, so if you're going for a sexy, high cut bikini or lingerie, you may as well cover your bases with the Brazillian.

Good luck!
  • Options
    t.kaufmant.kaufman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did laser hair removal, and it's amazing! I like it better than waxing is because every time you get a treatment there's at least a few months completely free of hair before it starts to grow again. I've always had pain with waxing and stubble after about a week, and I've been to almost all of the high end salons for it throughout the years, before I did the laser. At some laser places you can pay per session, which are actually comparable to one brazilian at Gadabout! Ive been to ideal image which I loved, but had to pay for big packages. I went to Laser 1 for maintenance sessions and was very happy the prices and service,  and it was relatively painless compared to the ideal image lasers & waxing... Good luck ladies!
    Mila
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren at Avalon for Hair, Skin and Nails
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards