Arizona-Tucson
Options

I'm trying to get all these ideas sorted out and I'm less than 5 months away! I'd love to see what other people are coming up with for their Tucson weddings.
The Future Mrs. Deeren

Re: Newbie

• Options
    Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There are so many venues with great views of the tremendous sunsets here that I'm also having a hard time sorting out the ideas. I think my favorite location is the Desert Museum: http://www.desertmuseum.org/visit/rental_facilities.php

If you haven't been yet (your subject is newbie, so, new to Tucson?), it is definitely a place worth looking into. My fiance and I just met with the caterer and got the low-down on all the perks. If your wedding is going to be huge- it really isn't an ideal setting for a ceremony, although the reception areas are more than accomodating. You DO have to use their caterer but it seems to be the same ball park in pricing as other local caterers. Two main things that we adored: your guests can get in the museum as early as 3pm. They can toodle around and check out the exhibits. Once the park closes, you and your guests have free reign over everything. We liked this because it keeps people entertained while we have to take our millions of pictures between ceremony and reception. Also, it's pretty neat for out-of-towners to come early and make a day of it. The other thing we thought was really cool, is that handlers will bring animals to your reception (small ones and non-poisonous of course. But you have your choices of ring-tailed cat, an owl, etc.) for a fee (of course).

I also heard (but haven't checked out and can't totally recommend then) that the Stillwell House downtown is a really neat location. The pictures on their website are beautiful and I heard their pricing is fairly decent.

Good luck and congratulations!

• Options
    Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update: I visited the Stillwell House last weekend and was really impressed. For 100 guests, all foods, decos, etc, came to be $5,000 ish. They offered several different dinner options which was nice (some being totally appropriate and, bonus!, cheaper). They DO have discounts for certain months. We're looking for a January wedding now and they offered 50% off for the date we were looking at. If you're also looking into an off-season month, definitely ask no matter where you're looking. We're still undecided, but this place was definitely worth the look.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I looked at Stillwell, but ended up booking with Z mansion, for 100 people its 10K for their top package which includes, food, officiant, cake, invites, officiant, bartending, photography, flowers, dj, linens,  a fair amount of coordination, a pianist for an hour, they have a beautiful sunset balcony and they are the most amazing people to work with. hceck it out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sheighksheighk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get really good packages at hotels here, like the Four Seasons on Campbell and Speedway, or outdoor venues like La Mariposa.  Make sure you have a clear budget in mind when you pick your place, because it helps you narrow it all down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you like resorts but a couple to check out are Vantana Canyon (my future sister-in-law got married there and says it was beautiful). 
      Since I wanted to do something a bit different I went with Tucson Omni Resort. My honey likes to golf and I am getting in to it so it makes it all the better. The background is stunning with the mountains and green golf courses. The employees are friendly and helpful. Lots of flowers all over and a very cool pool area!
      One of my besties got married at the The Oasis at Wild Horse Ranch. It was beautiful. Totally beautiful. hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards