Pennsylvania-Central

Wedding Venue

Wow! Who knew that central PA had so many amazing venues to hold a ceremony and have a reception? Too many to choose from! I am looking to get married in May of 2014, which I know is still almost 2 years away, but my curiosity got the best of me, and now I am overwhelmed. I want to have an outdoor ceremony, possibly shaded in case of rain or scorching sun, and either an indoor or covered outdoor reception on the same property. I would like a place with gardens or flowers for the wedding pictures. Just to give you an example of what I am thinking of I am looking into Felicita, because of the gardens, but I am not too fond of the reception site and have heard mixed reviews of the property. I am also looking into The Lodges at Gettysburg, because the battlefields were always one of my favorite places to go as a kid. I also really likes The Valencia, because for so long I had dreamed of a 1920's themed wedding, and this would be a perfect place for that. But I am also not sure if I want to do a themed wedding yet, and my list could go on and on with places that I liked. That's why I am writing on here, to get some input, ideas, advice, or even experiences with places in central PA. Thanks in advanced!

Re: Wedding Venue

• Hershey Hotel?  The gardens would be easy to get in on your day for portraits and the whole hotel is manicured.  We've worked a few weddings there and they take amazing care of their bride and groom.
  • klkrapfklkrapf member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:09dc21d4-bde9-4045-a2ae-1848cd4551f0Post:3404fc7d-5ee5-4ef0-9fe5-40c69a082455">Wedding Venue</a>:   Hi there!  My fiance and I started planning our wedding in June this year for our wedding next year, 9/28/13.  I wanted exactly what you're looking for - a beautiful outdoor ceremony for nice pictures and covered outdoor reception.  I did my research and visited a bunch of places (to name a few: Park Inn in Camp Hill, the Radisson in Camp Hill, Holiday Inn Harrisburg East, Karen's Catering, Milestone on the River, Civic Hall, and a couple vineyards).  I HIGHLY recommend contacting Joe Spadolini at the Park Inn Harrisburg West.  They have an outdoor pavilion area for the ceremony plus they have the best reception packages, hands down.  We got the nicest package (4 hours open bar with premium liquor, cocktail hour, wine during dinner, entree options that include lobster, champaigne for the toast, a 3-tier wedding cake, complimentary room for the night, a maitre d') and are paying less per person than the smallest package at any of the other places.  Not only that but Joe is completely by your side the whole time guiding you and making sure every detail is taken care of.  It sounds like I'm promoting the Park Inn but I assure you I don't work for them... I just love them now. Haha!  To be completely honest with you - I REALLY wanted a beautiful outdoor ceremony with an optional indoor location for if it rains, so we're getting married at Fort Hunter on the West lawn which overlooks the river.  They have a barn (which doesn't look like a barn inside) that you get with no extra charge in case of rain. The Park Inn is indoor but I figured that would keep everyone together (not stumbling about in a vineyard or lake far away from the reception, lol!) plus the time it takes for people to get from the ceremony to reception will give us time to get pictures taken.  BUT, if you choose the Park Inn for your ceremony, there are nice parks around that you can go to between ceremony and reception for pictures.

I understand what you're going though so I hope this helps!  Feel free to contact me any time - klkrapf@live.com.

Good luck!
    Kate  

[QUOTE]Wow! Who knew that central PA had so many amazing venues to hold a ceremony and have a reception? Too many to choose from! I am looking to get married in May of 2014, which I know is still almost 2 years away, but my curiosity got the best of me, and now I am overwhelmed. I want to have an outdoor ceremony, possibly shaded in case of rain or scorching sun, and either an indoor or covered outdoor reception on the same property. I would like a place with gardens or flowers for the wedding pictures. Just to give you an example of what I am thinking of I am looking into Felicita, because of the gardens, but I am not too fond of the reception site and have heard mixed reviews of the property. I am also looking into The Lodges at Gettysburg, because the battlefields were always one of my favorite places to go as a kid. I also really likes The Valencia, because for so long I had dreamed of a 1920's themed wedding, and this would be a perfect place for that. But I am also not sure if I want to do a themed wedding yet, and my list could go on and on with places that I liked. That's why I am writing on here, to get some input, ideas, advice, or even experiences with places in central PA. Thanks in advanced!
    Posted by longcr19[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks for the advice Kate!
  • I recommend the Riverdale Manor. They book fast so you might want to visit the grounds ASAP to check them out. I just had my wedding there in July. It was a dream come true.
    The Riverdale is back by the Conestoga River surrounded by woods. The reception site can be down on their front lawn by the river or they have a beautiful wooden pavillion  that is an open air but all the guest can fit under. They have plastic rain sides that come down in the event of rain or even cold weather (they can heat it with those stand up outside heaters.
    The reception room is a renovanted barn with high ceilings and windows all along two sides for light. It overlooks the river. The farmhouse is connected to the reception room where you can get ready in and is great for the bridal party to chill out in.
    The grounds are very beautiful along the river. They plant seasonal flowers for pictures.
    I highly recommend them. My wedding day was breathtaking. My guests loved the venue and the food (must use their caterer). Ask for Troy. He was my wedding coordinator and was absolutely fantastic at getting everyone of my crafty details right.
    www.riverdalemanor.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards