Arizona-Tucson

Cancer has ruined my wedding

My fiance and I have been together for about 12 years and have been engaged for about 2.5 years. We have been planning a destination wedding to Jamaica on Oct 1st, but he got diagnosed with stage 4 testicular cancer on May 16. We had to postpone our wedding because he is now getting a bone marrow transplant (which is needed after the high dose chemotherapy he got to try to get rid of all the cancer). It came as quite the shock to us, as we have been looking forword to getting married. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I hate seeing him suffer through this. I had to use our wedding fund as we are both out of work with this illness, and dont know when we will save enough money again for our dream wedding. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any advice of how to stay strong?Cry

Re: Cancer has ruined my wedding

• edited December 2011
    Stay strong! My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I think you should go to the court house and get married!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance's best friend was diagnosed with throat cancer this time last year. He was 22 and it was a huge shock. Him and his fiance were supposed to get married a this time last year... they put his health first, and with the help of their families pulled together a wedding for this year--just this last weekend. He is in remission and doing well. It is hard, but health has to come first. Keep your head up. You'll have your wedding--maybe later than expected and in a different way. Just stay strong and focus on the positives and the little wins until things begin to turn around more substantially. I have no doubts this is extremely hard for you in so many ways. You're in my thoughts.
  • I'm sorry to hear such news and please accept my prayers.
  • I am terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune. You might consider having a small ceremony when he is able. You can become man and wife and feel beautiful and luck like all brides should feel without the big shindig. The day is about your union and devotion to each other, the little things like flowers, cake, and decorations shouldn't get in the way, especially at a time like this.

I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Soon to be Mrs. Higgins
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards