Arizona-Tucson

Just starting..

I just recently got engaged (October 16, 2010 ) and our date is for October 20, 2012. We have plenty of time to get things in order. We have a budget of 6,000. Does anyone have any suggestions of places in or around Tucson for venues? I have no clue where to even start or what to do. I am quite confused honestly. Can anyone offer some assistance?

Re: Just starting..

• edited December 2011
    The biggest thing to do is figure out how many ppl (ballpark guess) you are inviting, and what venue you want.  indoor, outdoor, etc.  After the venue is booked, and you know roughly how many guests you're having, its easier to figure out how to spend the rest of your budget.  

Our venue is Tanque Verde Ranch Resort.  Its GORGEOUS, and they work with people who are having smaller weddings.  Additionally, it comes with the dj, catering, and a lot of the decorations already included in the price.  Best of all Cindy, the catering manager, acts as your wedding coordinator.  I'm SO glad we went with that Ranch.  

feel free to private message me if you have questions.  I did a lot of research so I might be able to help you find what you're looking for.
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations!

Ditto to what Jennyp said! There are a lot of great  places around town that will fit into your budget, but you'd need to know how many guests you'd like to have. In my research I may have  come across some Jennyp may not have tried. (Soo not trying to steal your thunder, Jennyp!) Feel free to let me know as well if you have questions. Good luck :)

• edited December 2011
    you have to decide what "kind" of wedding you want too... high class resort, old west, outdoor, etc.  I have a similar budget and i am finding it hard to stay within my limits eventhough i dont want anything extravagant. Check out the San Pedro Chapel http://sanpedrochapel.com/

it's a non denominational chapel and reception site in the Fort Lowell neighborhood. They offer very reasonable prices, all tables, chairs, and linens are included and they have a storeroom full of decorations that other brides have left.  i really wanted to have my wedding there but Catholic ceremonies can only be held within catholic churches.. but i digress..
  • edited December 2011
    I am pagan so I am trying to stay clear of churches.( no i'm not satanic )  It will be outdoors. I really don't want anything really fancy or extravagant. Simple but still elegent. We sat down last night and came up with 100 people. (max) I appreciate your help alot. I am so very new to all of this I have no clue where to even start looking.
  • edited December 2011
    I too researched ALOT! I found that Angelica's offered the best bang for my $$$. But, Z mansion, Saguaro Buttes, and many others may as well. You have to research, call, check out, and play with #s.

On a side note, vendors is another area you need to consider. Craigslist can be your best friend...but buyer beware! Do your research!!

I found my photographer on Craigslist check her out!
    deniseadamsphotography.com

Shes pehnomenal, and is very reasonably priced!

GL :) I can help too!
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_just-starting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:7b3012c7-47d2-43cf-8435-e32ac3eccf63Post:d2e1add8-ae59-409a-8596-d21f11ba17b6">Re: Just starting..</a>:
    [QUOTE]you have to decide what "kind" of wedding you want too... high class resort, old west, outdoor, etc.  I have a similar budget and i am finding it hard to stay within my limits eventhough i dont want anything extravagant. Check out the San Pedro Chapel <a href="http://sanpedrochapel.com/" rel="nofollow">http://sanpedrochapel.com/</a> it's a non denominational chapel and reception site in the Fort Lowell neighborhood. They offer very reasonable prices, all tables, chairs, and linens are included and they have a storeroom full of decorations that other brides have left.  i really wanted to have my wedding there but Catholic ceremonies can only be held within catholic churches.. but i digress..
    Posted by manduria[/QUOTE]

San Pedro only offers some of the linens & chairs cover (60). We put a deposit there before we found Angelica's. We were told we would have to rent the linens & chair covers.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_just-starting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:7b3012c7-47d2-43cf-8435-e32ac3eccf63Post:96eae02f-828b-447e-acbe-d2f15387c346">Re: Just starting..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just starting.. : San Pedro only offers some of the linens & chairs cover (60). We put a deposit there before we found Angelica's. We were told we would have to rent the linens & chair covers.
    Posted by Noellesmama[/QUOTE]

oh wow... well i never even got as far as putting a deposit down.. good to know though.
  • MVCCWeddingsMVCCWeddings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    MountainView Country Club. I am the Wedding Coordinator and I can put a beautiful wedding together for you within your budget. If you would like to give me a call at 520-825-7382 or e-mail me April.Thompson@Robson.com i would love to give you a tour of the facilities. It wouldn't hurt to take a look.

Sincerely,
    April
  • edited December 2011
    Vendors are not allowed to advertise on the boards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards