• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
South Carolina-Charleston

Vendor Reviews- August 4, 2012

Let me start this out by saying that we planned this wedding in 4 months!  Just to let you know that it CAN be done!   My son-in-law will be deploying soon and they wanted to be married before he left so we did our best to make it happen.   I can happily say that it was perfect and here's why!

Venue:  The William Aiken House
Beautiful venue, wonderful management staff.  Meghan Trotter and her crew made sure that every detail was perfect!  

Caterer/Bar:  Fish
When you book WAH you must use Fish as your caterer.  While the food is a bit pricier than some places, it is well worth the money.  We had dozens of people comment on how awesome the food was.  The presentation is beautiful and their staff is very professional. 

Wedding Planner/Florist:  Ooh Events!
Maddie Stoddard was absolutely FABULOUS!!!  She attended to every detail, calmed all my crazy MOB moments, made my daughter's wedding day totally stress free.  Everything was perfect that day because of her!!!   Ooh Events also did the flowers and they were gorgeous.  My daughter really didn't have a set idea of what she wanted...she just told them the overall "feel" she was going for and they nailed it!

Band:  Permanent Vacation
Absolutely, without a doubt, BEST BAND in Charleston!!  They got the party started and kept everyone on the dancefloor the entire evening.  At 10:25 right before the last song, the dance floor was still packed solid!  Michael and the rest of the guys learned "Sweet Child of Mine" just for my daughter's dance with her dad and sang it like they had been doing it for years!  We surprised her with the song....and it was one of the best moments from the day!  If you want a band that will appeal to everyone in your crowd, they are the band for you!!!

Photographer:  Jenna Marie Photography
Jenna was the perfect photographer for us!  She is relatively new to the business (2 years) I think, but her photos are the photos of a seasoned pro!   She has a wonderful personality and made my daughter and her husband very comfortable in front of the camera  We don't have the finished product yet, but the sneak peek that she has on her FB page is unbelievably beautiful!!   I can't wait to see the rest!!    She is very reasonably priced....I would book her now...because I'm sure when the word gets out how awesome she is...she is going to raise her rate!!!   She needs to because she is worth every penny!!

Cake:  Elaine Mincey/Elaine's Events
Best cake ever!!  Beautiful design....fabulous taste!  There wasn't one piece left!!!  AMAZING!!

Hair/Makeup: Ashley Burg from Tabula Rasa Salon
Ashley is amazing!!   She took the time to listen to my daughter and created the perfect look for her.  We knew that she would be getting hot (and sweaty) and did her hair (she has curly hair) to look great when she was still fresh and into the reception when she was a hot mess!!!  :)     Her makeup was natural, flawless....perfect!

Photobooth:  Graff Creative
Tons of fun!  They come and bring all the props you could possibly want!  Not the traditional photobooth set up....you get all the pictures taken on a CD and they are available to see instantly at the wedding and then online after the event!  It was definitely a hit!

Popsicles:  King of Pops
2 hours into the reception we had the King of Pops come with their popsicle cart!  We had 5 different flavors and they were just the best thing ever!  They can do personalized sticks or wrappers and can make them with alcohol if you want a little extra something!    Also a big hit due to the heat.  Everyone LOVED them!!

Climate Control:  All-Mist Fans
Outdoor wedding in Charleston....in August....enough said....it was HOT!!  Not when we would have liked the wedding...but as I said before we had just 4 months and this was when it had to be!   Not to worry....we had fans at the ceremony and around the dance floor...and while it was still warm....It was much more comfortable because of the misting fans.   Great service....great prices!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards