South Carolina-Charleston

Rehearsal Dinner

I'm getting married next June at the Rice Mill downtown. I am looking for a location to host my rehearsal dinner that is  reasonably priced and will let me bring in my own caterer. I'd like it to be something convenient to the Rice Mill (preferably downtown), but I'd even be willing to do Mt. Pleasant, James Island or West Ashley. Any ideas?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    Someone else posted about their rehearsal dinner at the Charleston Yacht Club so I did some research about the venue and it seems to fit the bill for you as well. The rental fee isn't cheap but it is much lower than most places for a Friday evening and they have tables and chairs for you to use plus you can bring in your own booze and use your own caterer. Isn't it right next to the Rice Mill building? I think the other girl's wedding is the weekend after yours actually. Here is the link:http://www.charlestonyachtclub.com/Flagroom.htm
  • edited December 2011
    I did actually look at the Yacht Club, and it isn't exactly cheap to rent, but it's not bad. I thought I read that they don't offer tables and chairs. Has that changed?
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Approx how many people and what kind of "feel" are you going for - casual bbq, sit down dinner, upscale, water front, etc...?
  • edited December 2011
    I will have 45-50. I would like a more casual feel, but at this point, I am just desperate to find a place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards