South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

Are there any nice yet more affordable places in downtown that y'all can think of for a rehearsal dinner? Right now we are looking at Anson's and Southend Brewery - but I am not crazy about either of their menus. 

We looked at McCradys but since we've got about 55 people, it ends up getting entirely too expensive. High Cotton is booked.

We are open to looking outside of downtown - any suggestions??

We need help!! 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to looking outside of downtown, you can maybe have it at the Old Post House in Mount Pleasant.  It is really cute, and we considered having ours there, I just wanted to have ours downtown. 

Poogan's Porch is a neat little place downtown, or Bocci's is the Italian restaurant downtown that we are havingo urs at. 

Good luck! 
  • Options
    katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Melissa-
    I would be careful with Bocci's.  They recently (in the past few months) got a new chef who is AWFUL.  That was our hands down fave restaurant in downtown for years, and the last time we went we could tell immediately that the food tasted different and when we asked if they got a new chef, sure enough they did.  Hopefully for your sake, they have worked out some of the kinks, but I seriously doubt we will ever eat there again.  You may want to go back and order some of your rehearsal dinner options to make sure they taste like you remember. 

Carolina's is a really nice place that may be able to accomodate a party that size.  I'm not sure if California Dreaming has a private room or not, but they are right on the water on the West Ashley side, so that might be a nice place too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great advice, I was just about to post the same question but I'm not sure if downtown or mt p would be too far out since our rehearsal is in Dorchester but I'm drawing a black as to where to have it in Summerville besides Oscars.  We want to stay away from a bbq place like Sticky Fingers due to the fact that we are having bbq at the reception.  I've heard lots of good things about Poogans Porch. 
  • Options
    Sabrinaf33Sabrinaf33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Summerville, what about Breck's? It depends how formal you prefer, but I always take my guests there for dinner when they visit and everyone loves the food.

I am struggling to find a reasonable priced place that is unique in the Downtown or Mt. P area. Any advice would be great!
  • Options
    brooks55brooks55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For Mt. Pleasant/Isle of Palms:

Locklear's in Mt Pleasant is wonderful - not sure if they have a private room since moving to their current location about 8 yrs ago. Ask for Davis- he's the manager. Great shecrab soup - awesome Steak Locklear, signature dish.

You might want to take a look at Huck's Lowcountry Restaurant on Isle of Palms - they have a private room with a pretty view of the ocean.  JJ, the chef, is phenom!!!

Morgan Creek Grill has a whole upstairs with great views of the intracoastal waterway and they do lots of rehearsal dinners and weddings. They're on IOP as well at the Marina.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards