South Carolina-Charleston

Catholic Priest in Charleston

Hello! I am currently planning a destination wedding is charleston! I was wonderign if anyone knows of a priest who will marry people at the MUSC chapel, St Luke's. Or, if anyone know of a catholic priest who will marry outside of the church!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Catholic Priest in Charleston

• edited December 2011
    The Catholic diocese will not perform weddings at St. Luke's ( I got married there as well).  The diocese in general is pretty strict and you probably won't get a Catholic Priest to marry you anywhere but a church.  We actually had a family friend who was a priest that was willing to perform our marriage and the diocese wouldn't recognize it.   We got married there anyway and just had our marriage blessed by the church a couple of weeks ago.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Citadel2011Citadel2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even if you get married at a Catholic Church in Charleston you need to find your own priest. We looked at St. Mary's and thats what the sister told us. She said she would assist but more than likely we'd have to go with a Deacon as there arent a lot of Catholic priests available.
  • I am also planning a wedding in Charleston and am looking for a Catholic priest. Any Recommendations?
  • Did any one have luck on this front? I am plannnig a wedding for next year and am having trouble finding a priest and even a Catholic Church that will let you get marrid there. 
  • The priest at the church in Hanahan was very nice and had agreed to marry my daughter even though they weren't parishioners.  As it turned out, we had to reschedule the wedding due to my son-in-law's army training and he wasn't able to make it on the new date.  I think his name was Father Fitzgerald at Divine Redeemer.  We ended up getting our deacon from Sumter to come to Charleston to marry them at the Citadel Chapel.  You might check with the priest there...he might have some ideas!  Good luck!!
  • I'm Catholic and I am being married by the priest at the Citadel in the Summerall Chapel!!  You could get married there.  It is open to non-alumni and the church really is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards