South Carolina-Charleston

Eloping in Charleston

Hi All!

Just recently got engaged and FI and I are planning to elope in Charleston in March.  We'd like to have a short ceremony outside... just the two of us and an officiant. 

Any suggestions on a location to have this?  How to find an officiant?

TIA for any help you can provide.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Eloping in Charleston

• edited December 2011
    We're having a small ceremony at Middleton Place Plantation, just 5 of us. But you can use mycharlestonwedding.com, or just google officiants in Charleston, SC area. That's how I did all my online stuff. Also, use theknot for all your needs just go to the local resources. Middleton Place had a list of preferred vendors, the place you end up choosing may have something similar. But start in the local resources page, they also have ideas for ceremony sites. GL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Lots of people do such small ceremony's downtown at the Palmer House on the Battery. The price based on how many people in your party and I think it is very affordable with such a small group. http://www.palmerhomebb.com/
  • edited December 2011
    i'd go somewhere on kiawah island, it's gorgeous there! you can stay in a beach front home, or in the sanctuary. as for officiant, i'd contact Dave Rister at A Charleston Wedding... he's such a wonderful guy!
  • golfbride44golfbride44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies- I think we've decided on Boone Hall Plantation, just FI, myself, and the officiant. 

Appreciate your suggestions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Boone Hall is beautiful! you will love it!
    Oct 2010 Brides Siggy Challenge : Photobucket
    Jessica & Jason Oct 30, 2010WeddingBio...updated 2/22 image
  • edited December 2011
    How did your wedding go? Did you like your officiant and Boone Hall? We're looking to get married in the same area in the next week or two (we've been putting it off for too long). It will be just the two of us and the officiant. Do you have any other comments or recommendations that may help?

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards