South Carolina-Charleston

Which beach is best!!!????

My fiance and i are getting married in SC and this a destination wedding for us.  We want to get married on the beach. We were wondering which beach is the best one to have a ceremony at.  Please help!!!

Re: Which beach is best!!!????

• It depends on the kind of look/feel of your wedding. If you want a laidback casual feel I would pick Folly Beach. It's my personal favorite! But theres lots of beaches in Charleston to choose from ( Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Kiawah Island, etc.) Good Luck in your search!
  • thank  you, i'll definitely look into those! =)
  • Make sure you check the restrictions of each area. Good Luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely research the restrictions for the beaches.  I have read from others on here that some beaches don't allow any "paid" vendors at the wedding.  Also have a backup in case of bad weather, especially if you are planning to have it during hurricane season.
  • Folly has a much better background, but on the opposite end from the county park.  The lighthouse in the background is beautiful
  • I looked at doing the same thing and found only Folley Beach allows paid vendors. All the other beaches have serious restrictions to what can be done.
  • Sullivans is nice and not a lot of people but very very windy. Isle of Palms is kind of busy but I bet a nice wedding could be planned there, because I am sure people will respect the wedding going on. There could be a fee at Kiawah but you would have to check.
  • Just make sure you check the tide tables too. You will end up with a lot less beach at certain times of day. :)
  • Were getting married on Folly In April, (were from Charlotte area) and so far planning hasnt been as crazy as some would make you think. Folly is def the more laidback/relaxed beach and still has beautiful views and more remote areas. Just make sure if you have over so many guests that you get a permit. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards