South Carolina-Charleston

A little TMI - Waxing Salons

I'm thinking about getting a brazilian wax for the honeymoon, but I've never gotten one before. Do any of you know a good waxing salon in Charleston? Thanks!

Re: A little TMI - Waxing Salons

• DemedollDemedoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not know one in Charleston but I strongly recommend getting it done several months in advance of the wedding for your first time. The first time I had one I had an excessive amount of reddness for days that looked like really bad razor burn. Then, now here is TMI for you, I ended up with like three ingrown hairs. That is not a region you want ingrown hairs on your honeymoon believe me!

So just like facial stuff, I recommend you test it out before the big day just in case you don't react well.
  • stickbystickby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Suite 185 on King Street. 

They don't do waxing, they do sugaring which is more organic and sanitary.  Check out there website for more information. 

I would also recommend trying it out a few months before the wedding to see what your reaction to it will be.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been going to Leah Whatley at Hair Fitness in West Ashley.
    She doesn't use strips, which is a very good thing.  The first time I ever did it was at Stella Nova and they seriously took skin off. Very Bad experience.  Also, don't have any alcohol beforehand…it's DOUBLE the pain.

Good luck!

Hair Fitness
    527 Wappoo Road
    Charleston, SC 29407
    (843) 556-5665

Alex H.
  • edited December 2011

I believe the salon is called AURA Salon in West ashley go see Autum! she is amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards