South Carolina-Charleston

Bridal Boutique Suggestions?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to go wedding dress shopping.

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Boutique Suggestions?

• Condon's Bridal in West Ashley. They have been family owned for years and they are super nice and helpful. I tried David's Bridal first and had a terrible experience there so I am so glad that I found Condon's Bridal instead. 
  • I went to Jeans Bridal on Mt. Pleasant. It is a small shop but they are super friendly and have some beautiful dresses. Mikala was my consultant there. She was amazing and made the experience so comfortable. I live in Atlanta and have gone to a bunch of shops here and jeans bridal was the best experience by far!
  • Also try the Bridal House in Mt. Pleasant.  They were extremely helpful and nice with my MOB dress.  My daughter also tried on wedding dresses there but ended up getting one from Jodi's Bridals.  Jean's also has lots of dresses and they are very nice there as well.  My daughter refused to go to David's Bridals based on stories she'd heard...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-boutique-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:6d979145-fc1f-414a-9c93-9ab3cf6eba37Post:0f169b5b-744a-4e67-bcd9-61b2aa3c5b39">Re: Bridal Boutique Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Condon's Bridal in West Ashley. They have been family owned for years and they are super nice and helpful. I tried David's Bridal first and had a terrible experience there so I am so glad that I found Condon's Bridal instead. 
    Posted by jmuck77[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am sorry, I have heard bad things about David's Bridal too. So I was hoping to hear of some good ones, yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-boutique-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:6d979145-fc1f-414a-9c93-9ab3cf6eba37Post:d1c44444-6f7d-42ab-a2e9-3e7702c6d868">Re: Bridal Boutique Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Jeans Bridal on Mt. Pleasant. It is a small shop but they are super friendly and have some beautiful dresses. Mikala was my consultant there. She was amazing and made the experience so comfortable. I live in Atlanta and have gone to a bunch of shops here and jeans bridal was the best experience by far!
    Posted by LaurenRae25[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will be sure to check them out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-boutique-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:6d979145-fc1f-414a-9c93-9ab3cf6eba37Post:3f6ed770-eb41-4f33-b0b9-edb666fcb996">Re: Bridal Boutique Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also try the Bridal House in Mt. Pleasant.  They were extremely helpful and nice with my MOB dress.  My daughter also tried on wedding dresses there but ended up getting one from Jodi's Bridals.  Jean's also has lots of dresses and they are very nice there as well.  My daughter refused to go to David's Bridals based on stories she'd heard...
    Posted by MaliBlueCrew[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your advice! I have also heard bad stories, so they may be a last resort!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a GREAT experience at David's Bridal, the one on Rivers Ave, but I got married in 2009 :) They are worth a try if you look online and find a David's-specific dress you really like. We took the whole bridal party there and had a BLAST.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-boutique-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:6d979145-fc1f-414a-9c93-9ab3cf6eba37Post:d7ec945a-1618-4d11-a480-d756ccfc9de0">Re: Bridal Boutique Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a GREAT experience at David's Bridal, the one on Rivers Ave, but I got married in 2009 :) They are worth a try if you look online and find a David's-specific dress you really like. We took the whole bridal party there and had a BLAST.
    Posted by mdbarnett[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-boutique-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:6d979145-fc1f-414a-9c93-9ab3cf6eba37Post:e1c211fc-d08e-4977-a318-d91696979a54">Bridal Boutique Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to go wedding dress shopping. Thank you!
    Posted by Mrscaragrooms[/QUOTE]

Youll have to keep us posted on what you find! Im about to start my dress search as well and have no idea where to start!
  • I got my dress at Fabulous Frocks in downtown Charleston.  They do consignment and designer sample dresses,  They are great to work with and have things in every price range.   They are on line as well.  Sarah is the owner and they do trunk shows and special things for their brides like yoga!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards