South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Places to go out to after Reception on King Street?

We are thinking about staying at the Francis Marion Hotel on our wedding night...which is also where we have a block of hotels reserved for our guests. Our reception ends at 10 pm at the Thomas Bennett House due to noise ordinances...and I thought it would be nice to be on the same street/closer to the Thomas Bennett House after our reception ends. Any ideas of bars to go to after the reception? I know some people mentioned Vendue and such...but any fun bars on King?

Thanks!

Re: Places to go out to after Reception on King Street?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    King St. is going to be mainly underage college kids. I would take the advice on Vendue Inn (roof top) they close at I believe 12am though becasue of noise ordience's. Try the RoofTop Bar on top of Grill 225 near the market and also the more "upscale" resturants such as 82 Queen, Oak, Carolina's have very nice, classy bars. O-ku is an upscale sushi place with a very nice bar and that is on King Street. I am not too familiar with the bars on King St. becasue we tend to stick near the market and French Quarter. Oh, and Blind Tiger on Broad is pretty nice!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree King can tend to be more of an underage college scene. I have, however, been in Fish quite a few times, and while it gets pretty packed, it is not such a young scene. It is a little more upscale as well, compared to some of the other bars. You could make it down to Market and East Bay to go to some bars there. Trio isn't a bad bar either and it's diagonal from Francis Marion. It has two levels- and an outdoor section. The first level usually has a live band and the second level has a DJ, so your guests can kind of pick which atmosphere they want. To agree with the previous post though, I don't spend too much time on King, so those are the only places where I really have experience, besides AC's, which is not really where you would want to take your wedding party, but if you get the munchies on the way home, they have great cheese fries.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK so definately not King then...the only reason I didnt want to do rooftop at vendue is that by the time we change and go it will prob be around 11 pm...by the time we get up there we may only have half an hour before close! So things open till 2 am would probably be best! Blind Tiger is not a bad suggestion! I didnt even think of that...I think I have been to Trio once...dont remember much about it! But it seems like a good fit too. I guess wherever is easiest for parking and the best atmosphere for everyone to hang out would be best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards