South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Reception-Cruise?

Hi! I'm new on here.  We're planning a destination wedding for Charleston (we live in WNY). We're thinking about having our reception on the Schooner Pride.  We only have about 40 people coming.  Any reviews on the Pride or other suggestions would be great!

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Reception-Cruise?

• Options
    edited December 2011

The Pride is the 4-masted schooner?  If so, it would be fine if you don't mind being in open air as I don't believe they have a covered deck.  It's been a while since I've been on it, so they may have made changes.  I love tall ships and think they're very romantic, but I don't want to be in the open sea air the whole time for my reception--wind, saltyness, etc.  I was looking at the Carolina Girl which is more of a yacht.  Not as interesting as a tall ship, but it has enclosed cabins with large windows, so if the weather is bad or uncomfortable, you can at least go inside.  It also has a covered upper deck if people want to go outside.  My friend just videoed a wedding and thought it was so awesome she's trying to sell me on the idea.  I would go for it, except I'm hung up on having my wedding at an old house.
    If you still want a tall ship, look into The Spirit of South Carolina.  Not sure if it's still there, but it may be an option.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards