• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
South Carolina-Charleston

Thanks from some Yanks (and recommendation for wedding consultant/coordinator)

I posted a while back that my company was having a 3 day seminar in Charleston, and asked for ideas. I used some of them, but just wanted to thank you all. I found Charleston to be a very charming city, with the FRIENDLIEST people I have ever met! The weather cooperated 3 of the 4 days we were there, and it was so nice to have a respite, albeit brief, from the VERY cold and snowy weather in the north.

Our last day there we stayed at the Mill House and saw a bride coming in with her bouquet and dress. It was so cold that day, I felt sorry for her, but it was exciting nonetheless.

I also want to recommend a possible coordinator/consultant for y'all (it sounds so good to say that, LOL). The consultant my company used for the seminar actually has a business down there, and does "day of" coordinating, as well as coordinating other events. Her name is Ali Fisher, and the link to her company is here: http://www.carolinafooddesign.com/ie/index.php.

I know this because I was talking to her a bit, and she is getting married later this year, and we were discussing wedding plans. She told me how expensive weddings are in the Charleston area and I about fell out of my chair! (but then, Michigan has a down economy, so it's understandable).

While we used her for our company event, which I didn't even plan (my boss's office manager did), she did a GREAT job, and was there every day, early, saw everything through, and had a great time line for everything. She planned events onsite at the French Quarter Inn, offsite at the Harbor Club for a cocktail hour, and meals.

Other than this event, I have no first hand knowledge about her. But I am very big on "local talent" and would highly recommend her, at least to get in touch and get some information when you are planning. She is young, lively, attentive.

Thanks again, and best of luck with all your weddings!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards