South Carolina-Charleston

HHI HELP! NEED VENDORS :)

I AM TRYING TO PLAN A WEDDING FROM CT! ANY ONE THAT CAN HELP RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING:
CEREMONY/RECEPTION AT PORT ROYAL GOLF CLUB
PHOTOGRAPHERS?
DJ?
HAIR/MAKEUP?
CAKES?
FLOWERS?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! WE ARE PLANNING FOR NEXT SEPT!

Re: HHI HELP! NEED VENDORS :)

• edited December 2011
    I am planning a wedding in Isle of Palms next May from KY so I know how you feel.  We are using Liz Duren for photograhy and her husband Rob for a DJ.  I have heard rave reviews about Tiger Lily for flowers.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there! I am having my wedding in October in Beaufort, about 1 hour north of HHI.  A lot of my vendors are coming from HHI, so here they are in no particular order.  Everyone we have worked with has been GREAT.

Flowers:  Branches---contact Lauren McAvoy  Branches123@aol.com
                    A Floral Affair (we did not use them, but they are in HHI)

Photographer: Geoff Johnson out of Savannah-- geoffsphotos.com (he is AMAZING).

Cakes--Signes (we did not have a cake with our wedding, but hers are quite tasty)

Catering--Downtown Catering of Bluffton.  They are about an hour away from HHI but they do travel.  their website is www.downtowncateringcompany.com  They also have a cake designer who works with them who used to be the pasty chef for the white house I believe during the Clinton administration.

Good Luck.  You may also want to remember that September is the most active time for hurricanes in S. Carolina's lowcountry.  I would definitely have a rain plan.  October tends to be a very dry and quite the popular time of year for weddings as well. 
    imageimageimage
    The Kids (from left) Hugo, Siberian Husky, Claire at 3 wks, Human, Roman, Siberian Husky
    Proud US Navy and Law Enforcement WIFE!
    BFP 10.29.10-Norah Claire born 07.03.11

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bambijamesonbambijameson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd definitely recommend Tiger Lily for flowers and downtown catering for your catering downtowncateringcompany.com they are great.

For your photography Chi Photography out of Charleston ChildCreations.com she does amazing work.

I would agree that having a backup up plan in case of bad weather is a great idea that time of the year. 

Good Luck!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards