South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Combined Ceremony and Reception Venue

I've just started the whole planning process and figuring out what we want and don't want.  I think that we're leaning toward having the ceremony and reception in the same venue for convenience.  Any suggestions for the Charleston area that you guys know of?

Re: Combined Ceremony and Reception Venue

• Options
    stickbystickby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Almost all of them will have a space where you can hold your ceremony.  It depends on the number of people.

Off the top of my head, these venues offer space for the ceremony and reception:  Rice Mill House, I'ON creek club, Alhambra Hall, Lowndes Grove, William Aiken House, Boone Hall, Magnolia Plantation, Middleton Plantation, Thomas Bennett House, Cottage on the Creek, Pepper Plantation.
  • Options
    eljones17eljones17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Legare Waring House!  It's beautiful. 
    http://www.legarewaringhouse.com/home.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We only had our ceremony at Middleton Plantation, but you can have everything there. There website lists prices for everything,to include how many people you may have coming.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did everything at The Wickliffe House.  Staff was great and food was terrific--highly recommend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Pepper Plantation - beautiful! They have a beautiful lawn in front of a pond that is perfect for a ceremony.

This kind of love is what I dreamed about ~6.4.10~
  • Options
    ack914ack914 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at the Wickliffe House in about a month and it's perfect! If you really want a church, St Lukes Chapel is on the same block across the street. Great location! I highly recommend using the Wickliffe House.
    www.wickliffehouse.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were going to do Rice Mill but decided to do Alhambra Hall, but like everyone else said, just about every place will have some place for the ceremony and reception. Also check Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina, Kiawah, Wild Dunes, and Dunes West.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception are both going to be at the Island House. The website is islandhouseevents.com but I swear it doesn't do the place justice! It's a big plantation house right on the water... very Charleston (and reasonably priced!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cypress Gardens!!!! Gorgeous and sooooo affordable!
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boone Hall! We're getting married out on the Cotton Dock.  I'm so excited for my NY friends to drive down the Avenue of the Oaks.....absolutely breathtaking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Tidewater Chapel and Reception Hall.  The site does not do it justice and I would HIGHLY recommend to check it out personally...
    http://tidewaterchapel.com/

Jill is AMAZING and she's very flexible. She's really enthusiastic about weddings and I have nothing but amazing things to say about these folks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards