South Carolina-Charleston

Beach House Weddings

Anyone know of any beach houses that rent out for wedding purposes? We are thinking of getting married on the beach and then just walking over to one or two joining beach houses for our reception? Setting up a tent and renting everything? Also if anyone has experience in this, let me know how hard it is and if it was a good deal less expensive than renting a venue?

Thanks! Short Engagement

Re: Beach House Weddings

• edited December 2011

i'd contact charlestonbeachwedding.com they can help you find a home to rent, and can handle the ceremony details for you. they also have a great list of connections with local vendors.

• edited December 2011

Citadel Beach House on IOP.   They have a big hall and some smaller rooms if I remember correctly.

We're going to second-line into the New Year! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kpope51486kpope51486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually doing just that right now.  We are getting married June 26th and have rented a gorgeous house on Folly Beach.  It's 1462 E. Ashley Ave... look at my website: www.thatbeachwedding.com to check out the pics of the house.  It's down near the washout and is perfect for a beach ceremony and backyard reception.  Let me know if you want more details on the house.

Also, IOP won't allow you to have any event in which someone is being paid on the beach (ie: photographer, officiant, etc.).
  • edited December 2011
    I would love more information about the house! Who did you rent through, how many they will allow you to have at the reception ( we keep seeing cap outs at around 60), did you have to have extra insurance because you were having an event at the house, and how much work do you think it is compared to having a wedding at a venue? Thanks so much!!!!

Short engagement!   
  • shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    got your email...check out vrbo.com and go to folly beach..scroll down till you see a pink house with the heading "elegant, beach, elevator,etc."  its 1677-b east ashley ave. just got back from my mini moon(going to hawaii in oct.) i'll email more info later..
  • kpope51486kpope51486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the link to the house:

http://www.vrbo.com/72635

I believe his limit is about 150 ppl in the backyard...has a wonderful 5 bay garage under the house in case of rain.

It is a little more tough this way if you don't have a coordinator (I don't)....you have to think of rentals, permits, etc.
  • KiawahLoveKiawahLove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented a house on Edisto Beach and my future in laws rented the one right next door. We will have the ceremony right behind the two houses and the reception will be set up under a tent by the house. We also used vrbo.com to find the house and just asked the owner if he mind. If you do it in Edisto you should file for a permit, it's $15 for the permit. It was really easy to do it ourselves. We are using Snyder Rentals for the tent, chairs, tables, etc.  Let me know if you need more info!
  • presandrynepresandryne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! What homes did you rent in Edisto? I am currently looking and having trouble finding ones that are appropriate for a wedding/reception. Thank you!!!
  • CorsCorsCorsCors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning a folly beach wedding and would love more information on yours...how many people did you have? Is the yard large enough for a tent or is the garage area large enough to accommodate all the guests if need be? any other info is greatly appreciated!

corscors at gmail
  • edited May 2012
    Hi everyone. My fiance and I are getting married on Edisto beach this July. We decided to go with a planner as we spoke with her and were under the impression that since the island is so small that it will be very hard to work within our small budget without some help since it is supposedul all about who you know. However, we havent even really made any progress and she has already charged us for 5 hours. We are thinking maybe it would be best to figure things out on our own. Does anyone have any vendors they would lke to share with us and ones with a tight budget in mind? We are getting married on the beach and we rented a beach house to have the reception at afterwards. So we would need a tent, chairs and arbor for the ceremony on the beach, as well as isle runner, flowers, cake, photographer. If anyone can recommend anyone close by without having to bring people in from charleston bc we were told it is a lot more expensive, please let me know! I didnt want this to be stressful and it is beginning to get stressful!!! Happy engagement everyne!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards