South Carolina-Charleston

A Cappella Group in/near Charleston

My fiance and I LOVE a cappella groups and are hoping to have one at our Sept wedding in Charleston next year.  We've done a lot of searching but are having trouble finding a group to perform at our cocktail hour.  Let me know if you have any suggestions!   Thanks so much.

Re: A Cappella Group in/near Charleston

• Try contacting the music department of some of the local Colleges or High Schools to see if they might have a core group of students capable and willing to do it.  You might be able to get a good group of students for a very reasonable rate (or small gratuity).
    Charleston Southern University has an excellent department with wonderful students and staff who are always willing and interested in extra performance opportunties.  College of Charleston might provide some great talent as well.
    Or some of the private High Schools like Bishop England, Porter Gaud, or Pinewood Prep. 
    Or some Christian Schools like Catherdral Academy or Faith Christian School. 
  • Thanks so much!  This is good direction.  Hopefully we can find a good, soulful group with this approach. If anyone else has ideas, please keep em coming!

-Erica

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_a-cappella-group-innear-charleston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:c8955551-956b-4805-9d5d-f51abd03fa1fPost:4b41407b-2a2e-40b3-8196-84b45bbfb52a">Re: A Cappella Group in/near Charleston</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try contacting the music department of some of the local Colleges or High Schools to see if they might have a core group of students capable and willing to do it.  You might be able to get a good group of students for a very reasonable rate (or small gratuity). Charleston Southern University has an excellent department with wonderful students and staff who are always willing and interested in extra performance opportunties.  College of Charleston might provide some great talent as well. Or some of the private High Schools like Bishop England, Porter Gaud, or Pinewood Prep.  Or some Christian Schools like Catherdral Academy or Faith Christian School. 
    Posted by Charleston Custom Events[/QUOTE]
  • Check out Palmetto Vocal Project.  One of our good friends is in it, and they are amazing!  Rick had planned to have them sing when we got engaged, but unfortunately, life got in the way.  :(

Here's a link to their website.

http://www.palmettovocalproject.com/
  • Also check out these guys.  They're very popular in the upstate so I'm not too sure as to their travel policies/fees.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards