South Carolina-Charleston

Middleton Place Brides?

I am getting married at Middleton Place in April.  I just wanted to see if there was any other bride out there that got married there and may have some words of advice or things I need to be aware of!  Thank you!

Re: Middleton Place Brides?

• edited December 2011
    DH and I were married there May 2010. It was wonderful, and they are really helpful. We were supposed to be married under a tree by the Rice Pond, but it rained a bit so we ended up in the slave chapel. Which was actually perfect.

We rented a house in Isle of Palm, and cam in early so we could visit the Plantation the day before to pick our ceremony spot. The flowers had all bloomed and died before we arrived so the spot we wanted originally was not ideal at all, but once we arrived at the Rice Pond we knew that was the spot. It is gorgeous.

We did rent the horse and carriage to bring me and my MOH over because it is quite a walk from the parking lot. And because it rained he was really helpful with getting the seats dry.

We used Reverand Farmer from www.mywedding.com/apps/public/guide/listing/free?listingId=246102" target="_blank">www.CharlestonWeddingOfficiant.com
    He was wonderful, and he does a lot of weddings at Middleton, so he's very familiar.

I've attached my bio PM if you have any other questions.Good Luck!
    http://acharlestonwedding.shutterfly.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing!  We are also planning on the Rice Pond, but will be having our wedding in the Pavilion in the case of rain. Your pictures are beautiful!  Thank you, again!
    Melissa
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!
    I just saw your question.  I am planning my wedding at Middleton next April.  I am curious how your wedding went?  Are you glad you held it there?  I haven't booked the venue just yet... so I would love to hear your story!

Congratulations on tieing the knot!

D'Anne
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards