California-Bay Area

Wedding Locations

Hi Knottie B2B's!

I've been married for almost 5 years now, but I remember using this board a lot when I was planning. Well now I am helping a family member plan their wedding (yipee!). Right now I'm looking for ceremony/reception locations for approximately 50 people. The couple wants the space to be small and intimate.

Any thoughts or ideas? 

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Locations

• edited December 2011
    where are you looking?  in the general bay area?  SF?  peninsula?  east bay??
  • edited December 2011
    General Bay Area is fine. Not super picky on the city, if the location is great location won't necessarily matter to them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'd suggest a winery in Napa--they are great for smaller parties and so gorgeous!
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wineries tend to be very expensive and have lots of restrictions. In the Napa Valley everything must end by 10 pm. If you want a winery, you can try the four or so that are licensed to have weddings. Sonoma County wineries have similar restrictions, but may be more cost effective.
    Marin-I would suggest the Olema Inn. It is beautiful, small, and rustic
    San Francisco-there are some places in the Presidio, like the Log Cabin, which are intimate spaces
    Carmel-Highlands Hotel, another small, beautiful space

Pregnancy Ticker
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You might try some of the smaller wineries in Livermore.

I'd still check out Here Comes the Guide.
  • edited December 2011
    Livermore wineries are great.  Try Murietta's Well for a smaller event or Rios Lovell.  Think those are the two that would work for that size croud.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For 50 people try restaurants.  Three I know of in the East Bay that will hold that number nicely without feeling like you're in a warehouse or too schrunched in together is Postino in Lafayette, the Scott's Gardens in Walnut Creek and the Scott's in Jack London Square.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • IDoVenuesIDoVenues member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out I Do Venues  great eye candy about SF venues. 
    I would recommend

Hotel Vitale
    Olema Inn
    The Penthouse at The Fairmont
    UC Berkeley Botanical Garden

www.idovenues.com/" title="Click to view a larger photo">

All different price points- but all fabulous and intimate
    Gloria @ I Do Venues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards