California-Bay Area

Affordable Rehearsal Dinner in Los Gatos

My fiancee and I will be paying for our rehearsal dinner.  Since we will be having the wedding in Los Gatos and his family will be staying there, we'd like to have the rehearsal dinner nearby for convenience sake.  With the size of my family and his, I think we might have about 85 people (kids included)!! How in the world can we manage to pay for a rehearsal dinner of this size in an expensive place like Los Gatos?!!

Re: Affordable Rehearsal Dinner in Los Gatos

• IDoVenuesIDoVenues member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow-  quite the dilemma-  here are a few suggestions

Consider having you rehearsal in the afternoon-  a lunch option is always less expensive than a dinner option-

Consider going to a local park or similar outdoor venue for the rehearsal.  You can easily have the event catered by some one like Whole Foods- and turn the entire event into a fun evening of Bocce or simmilar activity!

I Do Venues - Here are some amaing photos from one of my favorite rehersal spots- The Tavern @ Lark Creek

Gloria @ I Do Venues
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_affordable-rehearsal-dinner-los-gatos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:1e3fedd9-f587-4f30-8cc9-4b1f3311ca27Post:d2f5f461-516a-4a8d-84bb-b043dd126ed3">Re: Affordable Rehearsal Dinner in Los Gatos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow-  quite the dilemma-  here are a few suggestions Consider having you rehearsal in the afternoon-  a lunch option is always less expensive than a dinner option- Consider going to a local park or similar outdoor venue for the rehearsal.  You can easily have the event catered by some one like Whole Foods- and turn the entire event into a fun evening of Bocce or simmilar activity! If you need more advice give us a shout out @ I Do Venues - Here are some amaing photos from one of my favorite rehersal spots- The Tavern @ Lark Creek . 
    Posted by IDoVenues[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but vendors are not allowed on the forums.  I have reported you.
  • alyssag721alyssag721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in that area, sorry I got to this late but check out Vasona/Oak Meadow Park, you can BBQ there and it's really pretty and will fit all those people cheaply.

If you really want a restaurant check out campo di bocce, viva, or lg bar and grill. They all have great food and may be able to fit that many people not too expensively. PM me if you have any questions!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards