Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Ceremony Music

Does anyone have any suggestions for ceremony musicans????  We are having our ceremony at the Capitol and I know I would like a live duo or trio, but do not know where to start looking.   What does everyone have planned for their ceremony music?  TIA

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having two of my friends from college who were music majors play, but university music departments are good places to look especially because they often have small ensembles who are used to playing with each other, which will sound the best.  Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.glissandair.com/we have an organist...but these ladies sound beautiful!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out local high schools.  A lot of times students will do it for free or pretty cheap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a string quartet out of port trevorton.  They're traveling about a half hour for my wedding, i'm sure they'd travel to the capitol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the Praise Trio  796-0809They did my cousins wedding last year and really impressed me. She came down the isle to one of the songs from Braveheart and they played it so beautifully. Just booked them for my May 2010 wedding here in Harrisburg.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Suite Strings Music is a violin duo that has played at the capital more than a few times. They are reasonably priced and know the venue well which helps with acoustics and such.  One of the owners of the business is my sister who is actually playing at my beach wedding on August 15.  The e-mail address for Suite Strings is suitestringsmusic@yahoo.com.   I hope this helps!  Congrats and best of luck on your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind are you looking for? Strings. flutes, etc?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for strings or fute.  Anything besides an organ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try the Hanover String Quartet. I am using them for my wedding in two weeks. http://www.hanoverstringquartet.com/ They have samples of their music online and a ton of song choices. I have been more than pleased with their communication and willingness to work with me on song choices. I would highly recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards