California-Bay Area
Options

Flower Budgets

What is your flower budget and what is that getting you?

My planner said my $1500 was too low.  We are having a 55 person wedding in a garden.  We wanted all in season flowers.  Am I crazy to think that is plenty?  I only have 3 BMs, and we only have 5-6 reception tables.  What am I missing?

Re: Flower Budgets

• Options
    CaitlinmmkCaitlinmmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My whole decorations budget is a few hundred short of that. I'm doing a lot DIY things though. We'll be making all the bouquets and using seasonal flowers. I also know that some nurseries rent out greenery for less than purchase price. I suppose if you are going for a very lush look with lots of real flowers and petals then your budget might not be enough, but your planner should be working with your budget and not telling you that you need to spend more money.
  • Options
    cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would sound reasonable to me. My budget is 3k including taxes, set up etc. and I have 3 BM/GM and 16 tables.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know.  My mother was a florist, so she got the flowers wholesale and then hired someone to help her put everything together and deliver everything to the ceremony and reception sites.  So the out of pocket cost for us was lower.

However, the lady who helped her out does flowers independently.  She works out of her home, so it's cheaper than most brick and mortar florists.  Here's her website: http://www.isabellsgarden.com/wedding_packages
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My budget is about $1k. I'm doing the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces myself (estimated at about $400). The other $600 will be for a florist to do ceremony decor. I'm not sure how far that will go.
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually going to talk to my florist about it tomorrow!  I had asked her to do everything within 2,000 dollars (4 on each side for wedding party, 130-150 guests).  She said she could do arrangements within any budget, but you aren't necessarily going to get what you want.  For example, smaller bouquets will go farther than big ones.  More greenery is cheaper than lots of romantic arrangments with peonies and hydrangeas. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should try Katherine Bergman Floral Design.  She is a wonderful florist.  I am having my pews decorated, centerpieces for 30 tables, a floral design for the head table, plus flowers for myself, my bridesmaids (5), groomsmen (5), flower girl, ring bearer, and our important family members for under $2,000.  She really works with your budget.

Here is her link:
    http://www.floraldesigner.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    kellystdkellystd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Flower Divas in San Jose. She met my $2,000 budget for ~15 tables, 6 bridesmaides/groomsmen (I lot, I know!), ceremony, bridal bouquet, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should try my florist, she is the BEST! She can make your visions come to life, or offer some great ideas of her own. Her name is Nina, she doesn't have a website but her phone # is 510-506-0996. She used to be @ Lee's Florist in Berkeley, but branched off on her own. But if you look up the reviews for that floral shop on yelp.com, all of the reviews are about her. I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Nicole Shaffer with Thistledown Designs.  She is amazing, so sweet, and she worked with my budget. 

Are you having groomsmen, an arch, or flower girls?  Do you need flowers for your parents too?  You'll need to factor in those costs. 

Even factoring in the costs I mentioned, I would shoot for a $1,000 budget (including tax and service charge).  $1500 is way too much for what you need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards